Tamwoth Hogs

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by rcornish, Jul 25, 2005.

1. rcornish

rcornish Well-Known Member

I am looking to purchase a few Tamworths of either registered or registerable stock to eventually switch my small hog operation to Tamworths. At current time I am looking for 3-4 Gilts and 1 young boar. Obviously the boar and the gilts should not be related. I have a line on some gilts in PA, but was hoping through posting here to find something closer to the central Kentucky area.

Ray

2. djuhnke

djuhnke Well-Known Member

You may want to contact Wendell Brittian in southern indiana. That is where I got my bred gilt and will prob. get a few more later in the year. He always has a few around for sale. Let me know if you need his contact info.

3. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Try RoyB on this board. He is in middle TN and has 2 registered Tamworth sows he bought from Wendell. We bought 2 nice pigs from his first litter. Last time we spoke the 2nd sow was due any time - that was a few weeks ago.

4. rcornish

If you could get me some contant information that would be great. I had some info regarding breeders in Southern Ohio - but it all appears to have been dated as the phone numbers are no longer valid it would seem.

5. rcornish

Thanks for the info Paula - I will send him a PM shortly. Also RoyB - if you see this - drop me a note!