Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Duchess of Cynicism
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a weekend-- spent Saturday tattooing 21 juniors and a couple adults, wiring cages up off the ground. Then, found one of Alice's babies at the entrance to the hutch box-- wry neck. No sense of balance whatsoever. So, off to the graveyard for him. Then On Sunday, the other kit was found the same way--but screaming-- I was in the rabbit yard when he injured himself--I told him I couldn't fix him, and he stopped screaming and just lay in my hands. Off to the graveyard for him.
My family seems to think I take some sort of perverse pleasure to have smacked these babies with the shovel- little do they know-- I had to call a friend and just unload to her. She told me about actually putting a 'safety net' inside tight areas for these really active babies- something that will absorb the impact of their hits, saving their little necks.
Hope every one else had better weekends

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
Sorry you've been having such a tough time. Seems like it goes like that for a bit and then the road smooths out and you sail right along. Hope you're at the end of the rough patch.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Good thing you've got that friend to unload to.
Sorry about the bad run of luck.
OTOH perhaps if the little one's balance was so bad it's better to find out and have it culled now rather than after investing lots of time and feed. It sounds harsh written out like that. I don't mean it in a cold way.

·
Duchess of Cynicism
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MaggieJ said:
Sorry you've been having such a tough time. Seems like it goes like that for a bit and then the road smooths out and you sail right along. Hope you're at the end of the rough patch.

No one wants the rough patch to smooth out more than I do--

found a cold kit this morning-- the little runaway kit was out this morning--too cold to even shiver. it is with it's siblings now, after I made Momma lay by it for a half hour. hopefully, he has the strengthto nurse-- if not, I know there will be another body to bury when I get back. :Bawling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts