Taking Reservations for '06 Spring Nubian Kids

Discussion in 'Goats' started by trnubian, Jun 11, 2005.

1. trnubian

trnubian Twin-Reflection Nubians

Twin-Reflection Nubians are now taking reservations for 2006 Spring Nubian kids. If you are looking for a quality Nubian that will place well in the show ring while also milking well, let us know what you are looking for, what your bloodlines are, what strenghts and weakness' your herd has and we will try to fit you with the right kind of animal.

We are a small farm located outside the small town of Peru, Indiana. We have been raising Nubians for 6 years. We practice CAE prevention, Scraipie Irradication, TB, and Brucellosis Testing.

We strive to breed animals for the full package; show conformation and milk ability. Some of our bloodlines include: Kastdemur, Desert-Acers, Hallcienda, Saada, Starcrosst, Risin’ Creek, and Noon Shine.

Some of our does' show wins include:
    BDIS-Helping Hands Open Show, Reynolds, IN
    BDIS-Miniature and Minor Breed Classice, South Bend, IN
    BOB Sr. Nubian- Miniature and Minor Breed Classice, South Bend, IN
    BOB Sr. Nubian- Michiana Goat Breeders Association, Goshen, IN
    BOB Sr. Nubian- Tri State Dairy Goat Show, Van Wert, OH

To reserve a kid, we require a $50 deposit, non refundable, on the doe or buck kid of your choice. This deposit can be transferred to a different kid if that particular kid is not available. We reserve the right to retain kids that we intend to keep for further evaluation or that we feel are not suitable for sale.

If you are interested in purchasing a Twin-Reflection Nubian, please call at 765-689-9020 or email and we will send you our 2006 Herd Sales Catalog. This catalog contains bloodlines, show wins, pictures, LA scores, and pricings on all of the Nubians we will have for sale in the spring.

Reserve your kid(s) soon! We usually have all the reservations we can take by November.

2. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

The kiss of death: Depositing un-conceived kids

A very well known Nubian buck back in the day had deposits on all the kids he was to have the next spring, before he had bred anyone. Sadly he died the week before breeding season. The "don't count your chickens before they hatch" motto applies here also :) Not trying to jinx you, but accepting deposits on yet unbred does isn't wise.

I have several holds on does and bucks who maybe born next year, but I don't take deposits until the actual breeding has taken place.

:soap: None of my business of course, so take it for what it's worth, nothing. Vicki

3. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

to be honest, i hesitate to make a deposit that is not refundable if the kid is not born what i wanted. if i would like to have a kid from a specific doe breed to a specific buck i don't want my money transfered to something else.
    but hey, thats only me. wish you luck with your breeding season.
    susanne

4. trnubian

Thanks for the advice, and I do understand your reservations. That is why we do not take the deposit money until the breeding is confirmed. A this point in the catalog the breeding is stated as planned. We are just generally taking down seriously interested people's names.

That is also why we have the person who does put a deposit down, make a second and third choice, just in case that certain kid isn't born. We hold the second and third choice until we are sure that the person's first choice is available. And if everything fails, we offer another doe or buck kid of equal or greater value, if that is not possible, we will refund the money, but only as a last resort. Usually the customers are very compliant and are more than willing to accept another kid. Our main policy here as breeders is to improve the breed and as breeders, earn the trust of past, curent, and future buyers and breeders.

Yes, this system does have it's flaws, but I, and many other dairy goat breeders around here have found it to be very effective. It lets people out there know what could be available in the very near future.

Please, if you have any other questions and or concerns, let me know. I want people to know that we are honest and conciencious breeders and I will try my best to answer your questions.

5. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

That was an absolutely beautiful doe that took BOB Nubian in Goshen, What is her breeding? Is she your NoonShine girl?

6. trnubian

Yes, that was our Noon Shine girl. She is a very nice girl, but there are things on her that I would fix. Her shoulders are a little loose and she could have better teat placement. But she only needs 1 more leg to become a perminant champion and we are planning on keeping a buck kid out of her next year. We are planning on AI'ing her to *B Saada Neiffe Perze. You can check him out on the New Nubian sires list on Supirior Semen works.

I have a another doe that I couldn't take to Goshen because she hurt her foot. She was the doe that went BDIS at the South Bend show. But she will be going out to the Nubian Specialty in Van Wert next weekend. Sable, the doe you were talking about will be entered in the show the day before (Saturday).

Thanks for your compliments. You have some nice Saanens, and Nubians too I am sure, I just didn't get to see them.

7. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

Well, my 4 year old daughter is very sick today (on her birthday no less :no: ) so hopefully she'll be allll better so I can still go, and I'm bringing my nubian doelings hopefully it'll stop raining long enough to clip them :haha:

*B Saada Neiffe Perze is an Othello son, and I have his (othello's) Litter Sisters daughter. And her kids. I also have a buckling from Vicki's place who is Niiiiiicce and long, out of an Othello daughter, she has 2 legs. And of course I'll be taking the saanens.

8. trnubian

We are planning on keeping another buck kid out of next year's crop with Saada Lines.

We also retained one of our buck kids to be our new herd sire this year. His dam is a 2nd generation GCH doe who LA'd EX 90 VVEE. His full sister is a 3rd generation GCH doe and his littermate sister earned her dry leg the first time out (she is a Sr. Kid this year). He is very correct and will improve overall udder attatchment, strength throughout, and stature.
    He is available at stud this year to approved does only. I have pictures of him, his dam, sister, and littermate sister.
    Email if you are interested in using him or purchasing a kid next spring.