Taking Deposits for 2006 Alpine Dairy Goat Kids

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Milking Mom, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

I am now taking deposits for Alpine Dairy Goat kids born early to late March 2006. Please visit my website for complete details on reserving your 2006 doeling or buckling. Prices and sales information can be found on the Breeding/Sale Table page. Thanks for looking.

http://cottoneyeddoesdairygoats.com/Index.html

2. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

[drool]

I want, I want, I want!!

To get another goat on this place, I'd have to make room by selling one first.

Wanna make a trade? How about a pretty LM, Nubian, or Boer baby? LOL! :p

Rachel

3. Milking Mom

HA HA. I know what you mean Rachel. I look at sites and drool too. I only have Alpines here so I really couldn't use another breed. However, I do know someone that might want to buy a LaMancha doe. If interested email me and I'll give you his Phone #. ;)

4. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

I was really thinking of kids to be born in the spring...

At this point, I dont have anything for sale other than a Nubian buck and 2 huge black headed Boer does.

Thankyou anyway!! I sure wish I could add some Alpines and Saanens to the mix around here. :)

Rachel

5. Milking Mom

They do give lots of milk. I fed out several calves this year on goat milk. They are big, fat and pretty. I'll be butching one or 2 and taking the rest to the auction soon. This same guy I was talking about just had his big Saanen give birth to a little buck and a little doe kid almost 2 weeks ago.

6. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

ooohoooooh!!!!

A Saanen doe kid... wonder if he would do a trade?
    Do you think he would be interested? Where is he located?
    (Notice I didnt have anything for sale, but would consider a trade to get a Saanen in my herd! LOL) :clap:

Where do you buy your calves to raise on goat milk? I've always heard NOT to buy them at auction...

Rachel

7. Milking Mom

The auction barn. Used to you could get bottle babies (new borns to a couple weeks old) pretty cheap, but even those are kind of pricey now. If you do this...as soon as you get them home give them a BIG shot of LA200, a dose of probios and start them on a sulfa drug in their bottle for cocci. Whether you ever see any diarrhea or not, give it to them for about 4 days, then switch over to Decoxx-M 2 teaspoons in each morning bottle and keep them on it throughout til weaning. Also worm them. I don't know if you have ever messed with getting bottle calves from an auction or not, but they are just looking for a place to die. If you do not do the things above you'll lose them. (ask me how I know this.) They are easier to raise on goats milk than on that powdered replacer though. Get them started on hay right away too. Just before you wean them get them started on a creep feed til you can get them back to the auction or feed them out if you are going to butcher them. I checked with this guy about the Saanen doeing and he wants to keep her. But you can check with D'Ann Binder at Fairwoods Farms. She has Saanens. www.fairwoodsfarm.com You might also check with Dorinda Williams at D&M Royal for something. She lives in Utopia. http://www.dmroyaldairygoats.com/