Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone suffer from this? I have this tendancy to fall down stairs - just slide right down them. DH teases me about it now, says "Sheesh, you just have to fall down stairs once every 6 months don't you??!!" - especially in winter when I'm wearing slippers. Anyway.

After the last time I noticed my tailbone hurts when I sit down just right on a hard chair, sometimes if it's leaning up against the back of the chair too, and sometimes when I move a certain way... it's pretty sporadic, but mostly when I sit down on hard chairs.

Can't find too much info online, but what I did find said there's not much to be done about it. Anyone else heard of this?

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
My tailbone was hurting back in Feb. and, after some tests, etc. I found out I have two ruptured disks in my lower back!

I would strongly recommend you go see a doctor.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
It could be from:

1) A broken or cracked tailbone

2) A cyst on your tailbone

Either one can lead to years of pain if not treated, so have it checked out by a doc.

deb
in wi

·
Zone 7B
2,481 Posts
Not to worry you, but my 18 yo neighbor has had several 'accidents' falling on his tailbone over the course of a few years (doing stupid guy stuff)..... fast forward to 3 months ago when he started having a great deal of pain for no apparent reason in his tailbone...

They xrayed and found a huge cyst on his tailbone..... operated but it was a very difficult surgery and then he developed a staph infection.... he was one sick kid for about 2 months!! Poor guy!

But he told me the other day, he'll fall flat on his face before he EVER falls on his butt again!!!

·
Failure is not an option.
2,623 Posts
Hey.

Get some xrays to see if you fractured something in your lower spine.

RF

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last time I fell was several months ago - like I said, I'm more likely to fall down the stairs when I'm wearing slippers during the winter months. When I felt pain then, I thought nothing of it. But it's been several months and the pain still comes and goes, not bad, think a 5 on a scale 1-10. It's mostly when I sit on hard surfaces. I have an appt next week for an unrelated thing, so I suppose I can bring it up with her then.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I fell on my tailbone a couple of times learning to snowboard - too bad the falling part was on ice! I had some severe pain but when I went to the doctor they just said - "well, it's probably fractured, but there's not much we can do about it - try not to fall again". Yeah, terribly helpful! It can apparently get dangerous with repeated falls becuase the little bit at the very end (coyxx?) can actually break off and pinch a nerve. I'd get a doctor's opinion, and it's unsolicited advice here - but use a laxative or softener to reduce the pressure on the tailbone and nearby muscles.

hope it feels better - those donut cushions help with the pain, btw.

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Years ago I slipped on steps and hit my tailbone real hard. Many years later went to a chiropractor for back pain and she told me I had broken my tailbone at some time. Never hurt at all. Then a while after that it did start to ache but after a few months went completely away. :shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts