Homesteading Forum banner

61 - 80 of 224 Posts

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,567 Posts
No you did not. You gave examples of how poverty has negative effects. You have bought into the idea of Nirvana.
I gave examples of what some people call systematic racism and said "Please note I did not say these examples are systemic racism, but they might be considered to be".

You are simply stating that poverty is the cause when that is only your opinion. Can you show me a scientific study that proves the examples I gave are 100% caused by poverty? If not, then isn't it possible that systemic racism does play a part?

In that same post, I also said "These are real problems that need to be addressed, regardless of cause".

I'm up for a good debate, but you have to quote me correctly.

And here's my source for what you call nirvana -

The purpose of government is to enable the people of a nation to live in safety and happiness. Government exists for the interests of the governed, not for the governors.

Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
33,485 Posts
The purpose of government is to enable the people of a nation to live in safety and happiness. Government exists for the interests of the governed, not for the governors.

Thomas Jefferson
They tore down his statues, and changed the name of the schools.

"Please note I did not say these examples are systemic racism, but they might be considered to be".
That is the beauty of this game. You could call ANYTHING "Systemic Racism"

·
Registered
902 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Sentences for crime are based on the crime committed and the criminal record of the person being sentenced.
Just a tidbit on "sentences" from personal experience, someone who had no "criminal record". Sentences that are governed by statutes have a wide range, some not even a mandatory minimum --> long enough to destroy your life if the conviction itself didn't...which makes the length of a sentence "based" upon how a judge's mood that day, and/or how/what he/she personally thinks of you. You can easily be falsely accused and convicted of a "violent" felony crime by a corrupt cop who claims to be your victim/sole state witness. When the judge finds out you filed a civil rights lawsuit in federal court against the corrupt cop (for each one of his civil rights violations against you), you're going straight to prison (after the judge gave the jury instructions deciding facts and erroneous law, making it impossible for you not to have been "found guilty" of even your own testimony to the truth). I still have no idea if I was "found guilty" of his story or the truth and the higher courts wouldn't even comment on the issue. Most appellate court judges in Ohio were prosecutors or assistant prosecutors in their past, they proudly display those facts on the courts' websites...which is something else to think about regarding the criminal "truth and justice" system. And the opinions easily accessible online...they rarely mention every issue a defendant/attorney included in their pleadings, but the public doesn't know that because those documents are in a file folder in storage, rarely easily accessible to the public, so the opinions seem "just" to the public because there were valid issues omitted that they couldn't twist away, making the opinions purposely written by the judges to make the judges look like they're doing the "just" duties. You have no idea about what is actually happening inside those walls until you do. All "trust" goes out the window with the truth.

·
Unapologetically me
21,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
suprisingly, no on has mentioned Hitler and the systemic racism of Jews...
"Jew" isn't really a race, but good point.
The Democrats are doing their best to emulate the Third Reich with their censorship, revisionist history, destruction of our monuments and silencing any and all opposition.
Systemic Racism is in use by those who pretend to be against it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
"Jew" isn't really a race, but good point.
The Democrats are doing their best to emulate the Third Reich with their censorship, revisionist history, destruction of our monuments and silencing any and all opposition.
Systemic Racism is in use by those who pretend to be against it.
Studies of autosomal DNA, which look at the entire DNA mixture, have become increasingly important as the technology develops. They show that Jewish populations have tended to form relatively closely related groups in independent communities, with most in a community sharing significant ancestry in common.[195] For Jewish populations of the diaspora, the genetic composition of Ashkenazi, Sephardi, and Mizrahi Jewish populations show a predominant amount of shared Middle Eastern ancestry. According to Behar, the most parsimonious explanation for this shared Middle Eastern ancestry is that it is "consistent with the historical formulation of the Jewish people as descending from ancient Hebrew and Israelite residents of the Levant" and "the dispersion of the people of ancient Israel throughout the Old World"

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,567 Posts
They tore down his statues, and changed the name of the schools.

That is the beauty of this game. You could call ANYTHING "Systemic Racism"
There has to be some truth to it. The problem is the left screams racism and the right argues no, it's poverty, and nothing changes. These types of social problems have many different causes and addressing one will likely fail. That's why I said the first thing I would do as governor is appoint a commission to look at these so-called systemic race problems, take them apart and identify as many of the causes as possible. Then propose solutions to the problems (applying classical liberalism principles) as practiced by most of the Founders.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
There has to be some truth to it. The problem is the left screams racism and the right argues no, it's poverty, and nothing changes. These types of social problems have many different causes and addressing one will likely fail. That's why I said the first thing I would do as governor is appoint a commission to look at these so-called systemic race problems, take them apart and identify as many of the causes as possible. Then propose solutions to the problems (applying classical liberalism principles) as practiced by most of the Founders.
Now that's what we need another money pit of taxpayer money, some will get a nice payday, for an extended amount of time. These "commissions" never die and generally produce nothing.

Reactions: TripleD

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,567 Posts
Now that's what we need another money pit of taxpayer money, some will get a nice payday, for an extended amount of time. These "commissions" never die and generally produce nothing.
You are making the assumption I would be as incompetent and stupid as most current governors. There is no reason fixing problems should cost money, actually fixing a problem should save money.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
You are making the assumption I would be as incompetent and stupid as most current governors. There is no reason fixing problems should cost money, actually fixing a problem should save money.
They do in simple situations like a roof repair or drain clog. Somebody wants to tear it all down and start over!!! I know I'm simple minded 😜...

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
If I had a nickel for every time I heard that from those that feel they have the answer, I'd be doing better than Bill Gates monetarily. Good intentions are important unless the person with these intentions is not being realistic. As a POC I don't think most are looking deep enough at the problem, cosmetic, feel good and a Messiah attitude aren't going to work. If the POC that want safety, economic growth and change they need to understand there will be discomfort, admitting the problems start at home.

In other words, honesty and work.

Reactions: po boy

·
Registered
21,438 Posts
I obviously wasn't clear because no one got my point. I was focussing on a child having the right to safely go to school or anywhere else for that matter. We give the government the right to use force (the police, the military), to provide this security. If a child cannot safely walk to school because of gangs, drugs, and other criminals, then the government is not performing one of its primary responsibilities. If this is happening primarily in minority communities, then it might be systemic racism.
But safety in schools and such is a state and local issue, so the local people are responsible because they elect the people failing them over and over. There are more than enough black folks in most cities to swing every election one way or the other. So, if schools are failing to do the job, why do the vast majority of black people keep the same party in power for decades? It seems personal responsibility is a thing of the past.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,567 Posts
They do in simple situations like a roof repair or drain clog. Somebody wants to tear it all down and start over!!! I know I'm simple minded 😜...
I was in a work meeting one day and my boss congratulated one of the other managers for how many help calls they had received that month. Never known for knowing when to keep my mouth shut, I asked if help calls going down, not up, wouldn't be a better indicator of doing a good job.

My point then, as it is now, is that if a problem is truly fixed, you don't get help calls and you don't have to keep sending out maintenance people.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,567 Posts
If I had a nickel for every time I heard that from those that feel they have the answer, I'd be doing better than Bill Gates monetarily. Good intentions are important unless the person with these intentions is not being realistic. As a POC I don't think most are looking deep enough at the problem, cosmetic, feel good and a Messiah attitude aren't going to work. If the POC that want safety, economic growth and change they need to understand there will be discomfort, admitting the problems start at home.

As I said, the first thing I would do is create a commission to look deeply into the problems, identify as many possible causes as appropriate, and recommend solutions to the various problems.

I'm a problem avoider by nature. I spend extra time on planning and research so I can avoid most future problems. In this case, I would be fixing problems created by others, but the same procedure works. Do a thorough job in the planning and research phase, develop a realistic implementation plan, get it done.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
There's no absolute safety anywhere. My senior year in high school for example. Guy stabbed and died in the hallway. The next morning carpet cut out and back to class.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,567 Posts
But safety in schools and such is a state and local issue, so the local people are responsible because they elect the people failing them over and over. There are more than enough black folks in most cities to swing every election one way or the other. So, if schools are failing to do the job, why do the vast majority of black people keep the same party in power for decades? It seems personal responsibility is a thing of the past.
You are making it about some fictional group of people and I am focused on the individual student. I don't care who someone votes for or why, I care about every child in America having an equal opportunity for a good education. It's up to them and their family to take advantage of it. Different problem.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
As I said, the first thing I would do is create a commission to look deeply into the problems, identify as many possible causes as appropriate, and recommend solutions to the various problems.

I'm a problem avoider by nature. I spend extra time on planning and research so I can avoid most future problems. In this case, I would be fixing problems created by others, but the same procedure works. Do a thorough job in the planning and research phase, develop a realistic implementation plan, get it done.
May I recommend a simple request? Clean up your own (problem neighborhoods), turn in the gang members, the thieves and the druggies. See how that works.

·
Registered
21,438 Posts
You are making it about some fictional group of people and I am focused on the individual student. I don't care who someone votes for or why, I care about every child in America having an equal opportunity for a good education. It's up to them and their family to take advantage of it. Different problem.
But you are focused on the wrong individuals. You and I are not allowed on school property to protect kids or do anything else. Such things must be enforced by school boards and mayors or if they fail it falls to the governor. How many mayors of big cities today would send cops into schools to protect kids? Many of the mayors want to defund the police so you know they have no use for cops. Elections matter. We get the government wanted by the majority whether local or federal. So, it is unreasonable for blacks to complain about schools when they keep voting for the same people election after election. Look at NYC or Chicago for example. Their unsafe schools and streets are a perpetual problem. Giuliani stopped much of it as Mayor but apparently voters didn't like safety because they replaced him with another failure. Chicago has been a failure forever but someone offering a different approach has no chance of winning. The only logical conclusion is that the majorities like things the way they are.

·
Registered
33,485 Posts

I love you

61 - 80 of 224 Posts