Homesteading Forum banner

41 - 60 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
33,485 Posts
I obviously wasn't clear because no one got my point. I was focussing on a child having the right to safely go to school or anywhere else for that matter. We give the government the right to use force (the police, the military), to provide this security. If a child cannot safely walk to school because of gangs, drugs, and other criminals, then the government is not performing one of its primary responsibilities. If this is happening primarily in minority communities, then it might be systemic racism.
You were clear, just not realistic.

Utopia is a few more miles down the road. Then turn left.

·
Registered
10,618 Posts
I am sure you are aware that law enforcement cannot be held liable for a failure to protect you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I obviously wasn't clear because no one got my point. I was focussing on a child having the right to safely go to school or anywhere else for that matter. We give the government the right to use force (the police, the military), to provide this security. If a child cannot safely walk to school because of gangs, drugs, and other criminals, then the government is not performing one of its primary responsibilities. If this is happening primarily in minority communities, then it might be systemic racism.
The fallacy in your argument is simple. It is other blacks doing the oppression, not the White Man. Like all these Commucrats complaining about the police killing a few blacks for committing crimes and resisting arrest, while being silent about blacks murdering more other blacks every week in Chicago than all the blacks killed by police in a year. Which, incidentally, is a lot fewer than the number of whites killed by police.

·
Registered
33,485 Posts
It is too bad we spend so much time lining up to take sides. I know that has been said a million times.

If wishes were horse we would all ride.

There are a million things the USA could do better. We can't seem to agree on one.

Giddy up

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you can't afford a good lawyer on your own, you are totally screwed in our legal system. That is systemic classism which is clearly rampant.
Ask any male in divorce or custody proceedings, I seem to recall a few threads about that.
etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
33,485 Posts
If you can't afford a good lawyer on your own, you are totally screwed in our legal system. That is systemic classism which is clearly rampant.
Ask any male in divorce or custody proceedings, I seem to recall a few threads about that.
etc. etc. etc.
We are equal under the law in that scenario, just not equal in how much legal firepower we can afford.

Some drive Kia, and some drive Mercedes.

·
Premium Member
41,725 Posts
etc. etc. etc.
I’ve always done well in court sans lawyer. It’s amazing how well telling the truth works! Been divorced twice, in front of grand jury twice. Justice prevailed all four times.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,567 Posts
The fallacy in your argument is simple. It is other blacks doing the oppression, not the White Man. Like all these Commucrats complaining about the police killing a few blacks for committing crimes and resisting arrest, while being silent about blacks murdering more other blacks every week in Chicago than all the blacks killed by police in a year. Which, incidentally, is a lot fewer than the number of whites killed by police.
Your comment is not related in any way to what I posted. The main reason we have a government is to protect our rights. Just because city governments and police departments have proven to be incompetent and ineffective doesn't relieve them from their constitutional responsibility. Look at what Rudy Giuliani and Bernie Karak accomplished in NYC. It can be done.

·
Registered
33,485 Posts
You asked what systemic racism was and I gave an example.
No you did not. You gave examples of how poverty has negative effects. You have bought into the idea of Nirvana.

·
Registered
33,485 Posts
Your comment is not related in any way to what I posted. The main reason we have a government is to protect our rights. Just because city governments and police departments have proven to be incompetent and ineffective doesn't relieve them from their constitutional responsibility. Look at what Rudy Giuliani and Bernie Karak accomplished in NYC. It can be done.
You have to back away from your idealism. The current mayor has undone what Rudy did. Some people are better at things than other people. And some people simply suck.

41 - 60 of 224 Posts