Homesteading Forum banner

221 - 224 of 224 Posts

·
Crazy Goat Lady
450 Posts
Honestly, I don't know what it is, either.
When asked about her experiences of systemic racism, a prominent black doctor told this story;
I have to make sure no one in my car is wearing baggy shirts, their hoods up, or their hats on. We simply have to look decent or we will get pulled over by the cops!

Now, I would respond, so you're saying that cops pull you over based on your clothing choices and NOT your race? Interesting.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
I really like our Chief of Police. He's black but doesn't give a carp about race!!! Most of the officers are nervous about getting in trouble. I called him last year and he answered the phone while cleaning out his gutters...
He answered today while in the Court House. Rental got shot up Saturday night. Good neighbor hood , good tenants just an univited guest. Told me to be cautious for another. Tenants are in the motel. I have to check out the inside tomorrow. Fun and games 😛!!!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
There was racism, there is racism, there will always be racism. Humans are tribal by nature, it's in our DNA, believing that your tribe is better than the other tribe is what has kept us evolving, striving, fighting for our lives for thousands of years. It is neither good or bad, it just is. Modern humans telling themselves that we are somehow past all of that, is the biggest lie ever told. Humans like to think that they are better than the other guy. Either by being racist, or telling the other guy that he is racist. No matter what we do, it is all just jacking up our ego.

We have been doing it since we kicked the saber tooth tiger out of his cave, and we will be doing it when we are landing on other planets. Talking about it won't change it, pointing fingers won't change it, fighting wars won't change it. Instead of wasting time fussing about it, we should be trying to do better in spite of it.

But that wouldn't be as much fun.

221 - 224 of 224 Posts