Switzerland doesn't mess around

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HDRider, Jan 11, 2018.

1. HDRider

HDRider Well-Known Member

The idyllic nation — where the average annual GDP per capita is nearly $80,000 — doesn't like deadbeats. The nation recently enacted a new civil rights act that prevents residents who received welfare benefits from becoming citizens until they pay back the money they took.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/2564...m_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

That is an idea..

or maybe...

Late last year, Germany began offering rejected asylum-seekers who voluntarily move back to their home countries a one-time payment of $3,570. The Interior Ministry said those who qualify can apply by a February 28 deadline and would get the money when they get home, the Associated Press reported.

2. Texaspredatorhu

Texaspredatorhu Well-Known Member

Great ideas! Good luck trying that with this government!

Kiamichi Kid likes this.

3. Jolly

Jolly Well-Known Member

I do believe Sweden has also been paying some to go back....

Kiamichi Kid likes this.
  4. HDRider

HDRider Well-Known Member

I simply do not know how this open border mentality developed in the United States.

The desire to assimilate, the ability to meaningfully contribute and careful measure should be key components of immigration.

no really and Kiamichi Kid like this.
  5. Kiamichi Kid

Kiamichi Kid The Renegade...

Well said !

nehimama likes this.
  6. emdeengee

emdeengee Well-Known Member

Whether you agree or not at least when they enact a law it is one that is approved through real democracy.

"The Swiss voting system is unique among modern democratic nations in that Switrzerland practices direct democracy in parallel with representative democracy, which is why the Swiss system is known as a semi-direct democracy. Direct democracy allows any citizen to challenge any law approved by the parliament or, at any time, propose a modification of the federal Constitution."

Lots of referendums, lots of voting on all sorts of legislation. The voting is still held in many of the town squares with all voters voting on each proposal. You have to be willing to devote time to your own governance.

The US is a country that is made up of people from all over the world. It is a mix. Switzerland has never had open borders or the desire to assimilate other people into their country. I went to school there and it is my ancestral home.

no really likes this.
  7. Kiamichi Kid

Kiamichi Kid The Renegade...

I have a good many ancestors from there as well....

emdeengee likes this.