Switching Insurance companies ???

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by fordy, Nov 29, 2006.

1. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

..................I've finally purchased a used travel trailer and have been quoted a rate by Progressive for a "full timer" policy . Subsequent to that quote on Tuesday I just obtained a quote from Progressive on my 99 Ford f250 diesel . They beat state farm by about 65 or so .
    ..................Now , my question is , has anyone else here abouts switched over too progressive and how have you been treated ? I've been with SF for almost 20 years and I'm going to get a quote from them on Thursday to see they match up on coverages and rates . thanks , fordy... :)

2. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

I used progressive when I first started driving. And they are very expensive. I use farmers now and pay 22 a month for liability. Progressive wanted 96 a month for liability and 145 a month for full coverage. I would search around and see what else I could find. Geico is extra expensive too. As far as how you are treated, they had good customer service, But at those prices I would expect it.

3. morrowsmowers

morrowsmowers Well-Known Member

We have Progressive and they are the cheapest rates we have found -- Geico was much higher. State Farm, etc. charge a lot more because you are paying for an agent. My BIL sells insurance and he says that whatever the rates are for auto insurance they quote double that amount to cover the agents commissions -- we got Progressive via the internet so no agent to pay for. The problem we have been having here in NJ is companies leaving the state because they don't want to comply with state laws -- its easier to run that to conduct business legally.

Ken in Glassboro, NJ :)

4. auntielisababe

auntielisababe Well-Known Member

For fair rates, great absolutely fantastic customer service and get this Dividends....! I'd look at Amica. Can't say to much about them.

Lisa

5. WildernesFamily

WildernesFamily Milk Maid

We have Progressive for our TT, least expensive we could find. They have been great thus far, very courteous, good customer service. I don't know how they do on claims since we haven't needed to use the insurance for any claims yet.

We have Geico for our cars, again, least expensive there. All other insurance companies mentioned (except Amica, haven't tried them) wanted way more.. even when we tried to combine our house and car insurance for a discount.. ha!

6. KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit Well-Known Member

I have Amica too. The best rates around and excellent customer service. I haven't had an accident on this insurance yet, but I know Clark Howard, the consumer advocate, recommends them.

7. KayJay

KayJay Well-Known Member

I have Progressive, and from what I've found, if you are looking at full coverage, their prices are awesome, but if you're only looking at liability you might find better elsewhere. As far as customer service they have been totally awesome. My husband was driving home in the dense fog one week to the day after we got our brand spankin new (yeah I know don't buy brand new :p) Dodge truck and ran right into the back of a 2ton flatbed. Smashed the heck outta the front of the truck, but anyway.... When we called Progressive they were right on it, no waiting around, no bull, they got it taken care of and were pretty darned good about making sure he was ok too. The truck had about 13k worth of damage to it (as compared to the 36k payoff) and the shop assured them that it could be fixed, but they decided to total it and paid the whole dern thing off cause they weren't absolutely certain that it would be safe after the repairs. So, in my experience with Progressive thus far, they have been great, and I have a truck and a car insured with them, though my husband's '73 mach1 is covered with State Farm because they have classic coverage. :dance:

8. dk_40207

dk_40207 Well-Known Member

We used to have progressive--but went to allstate years ago. They have been good to us so far. Low rates.