Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't planning on something out of a scary movie, but this is what DH brought in from the garage yesterday when I asked if he could please build me a scarecrow frame. He left his Frankenstein leaning in the hall as I showered and it scared me half to death when I opened the door. (I almost needed another shower!) Well, I figured if it worked that well on me, then it should do it's job on the critters. It has! There were no nibbles on the cabbage this morning. So far so good!

Going out to the garden-

Back of-

From the side-

Additonal Garden Pics-

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As if you hadn't noticed already, I'm scrimping on the overall garden pics until the produce comes in better! :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, belladulcinea. This is my first garden and I'm going into it blindly, so I really appreciate your feedback! :)

·
Country Girl
4,306 Posts
That would scare the beejeezus out of me if I came out of the shower to meet it face to face!!!! It IS a scarey scare crow! Do you have neighbors? They might be calling the cops some night to report burglurs!!! :)

·
Premium Member
17,948 Posts
That scarecrow needs something.....

Maybe if you could find a cheap, used chainsaw at a garage sale and a hockey goalie's mask......

·
Registered
169 Posts
The thought of some poor soul hopping out of the shower and meeting up with that thing just about got me to spit tea out all over the monitor! That is one scary scare crow. Just the pictures of it are scary! Do you have dogs? What do they think about it? Is your DH okay?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, DH got his just-deserts last night while I was weed eating! He was on the riding lawn mower and said that every time he went around the house corner he was startled by it! It does catch you off gaurd. Cosunflower, I don't know what the neighbors think of it yet since we don't live too close. WIHH, it still spooks me at times too but nothing like that initial face to face meeting! lol

CF, I thought about putting a machete in it's hand. We have 3 of them! I have a piece of driftwood shaped like a tombstone that I thought I could maybe write "R.I.P. All varmints who enter" or "Vacancy" lol...I could possibly make Steven King proud?! I also thought about adding a hoe and rake pole in each hand like skis- like what Cindy in KY said... I also thought about adding my old snorkle glasses for effect too. I also have a foam block I could carve sunken eyes into..the list goes on. DH and his wife are coming from San Francisco so I wont be doing anything with it yet and it rained this morning so wont need to water until tonight.

littlebird, we have a pug who always follows me out to the garden. He used to snoop around in the field there but now sits and barks at it. When I am leaving to go to the house and call him to follow, he looks at me kinda puzzled as if to say "Hey, aren't we leaving someone behind?"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts