Surprise! Surprise!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by JR05, Apr 16, 2005.

1. JR05

JR05 Well-Known Member

Didn't know when this doe was due because she was bred at a freinds by one of her bucks. Well, Heard her yelling and went to see. Not one, not two, but four babies!!! She was not even very big yet!!! Biggest one is 4# and the smallest one is barely 3# 2 girls and 2 boys. The boys are pure Boer in looks and the girls are solid red from head to toes.Dad was a registered Boer and mom is percentage. She only had one kid last year so that is what we were expecting. With this 4 we now have 50 kids for 2005!!! If I can figure how to put pictures on here I will send some.

JR05

2. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

Hey, that's neat! I've got twin does whose momma is half Boer, and the daddy was purebred Boer -- one of them looks like a red and white version of a Dutch Belted cow (except the belt is a little wide). The other pretty much just looks Boer except she's got some spots in the white. They are really pretty babies, five weeks old now and growing fast!

Kathleen

3. Ellie5

Ellie5 Well-Known Member

congratulations on the kids! Someday I hope to be bragging about 50 kids! But alas, I only had 5.....

4. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

THAT is just so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we had quads born this year also, and I was shocled. just shocked.
    but it was great. I bottle fed mine. I am milking mom, and babys are getting her milk.
    50, boy I wish that was me. that is so nice. way to go!!!!!!