Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
STILL not Alice
22,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Katie, and the two kids she had yesterday morning. :)

Vertebrate Natural environment Mammal Fawn Terrestrial animal
Mammal Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal Dog breed

·
STILL not Alice
22,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boys? Girls?
That pretty little goatling on the left is actually the doe! Her brother is not ugly, but I so love the coloring on that doeling!

She has an older half-sister with identical markings. :) Hope they both have udders that reflect their sire's heritage. His dam and granddam had fabulous udders.

·
STILL not Alice
22,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not know that those markings are considered Alpine, as I really do not care for them. LOL

My entire herd is blue-paper Nubian.

Dam is Poneez Tenacious Kate. Sire is .... dang, I cannot remember his whole name. We got him from a gal in TX. He has Blissberry dam and granddam. His name is Showman, we call him Shofar.

I've been so lax on my registrations, especially since all the sturm and drang over ADGA's computer program switch catastrophe.

·
STILL not Alice
22,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry, it's Swiss markings, not alpine. I still love them-keeping both?
Keeping that doeling - she's a gem! But the buckling is, alas, yet another buckling. Depending on the market in March, he will either go to auction or go to Camp Kenmore.

·
STILL not Alice
22,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: mzgarden

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
@Pony, guess that shows what I remember, lol. Thanks!

·
STILL not Alice
22,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gorgeous kids!!
Then again, is there actually such a thing as an UGLY kid??
These are mine... From February lol.
Punky, Vinnie, Stinkerton, and lastly Patches, my only doeling born.
So sweet!

All Nigerian?

Wags Farm stopped by a couple of years ago, on her way back west from picking up a gorgeous Nigie buckling in (I think) TN. He was so adorable!

Do you milk your herd, or use them for another purpose?

·
Registered
12 Posts
So sweet!

All Nigerian?

Wags Farm stopped by a couple of years ago, on her way back west from picking up a gorgeous Nigie buckling in (I think) TN. He was so adorable!

Do you milk your herd, or use them for another purpose?
Yes. All Nigerian Dwarf goats. And, yes, I raise my goats for milk.
Punky and Stinkerton are my bottle babies. Buttons rejected them (actually I think Snowflake STOLE them and wouldn't let Buttons bond), so the majority of the milk I got went to them. When I weaned them, I thought I'd finally get my milk... Until Buttons got into some rhododendron. She got very sick and spent 3 days in the "hospital" and pretty much dried up after only 5 months of milking.
Buttons is due now on April 5, 2022.
These are my girls, Snowflake (the white and grey, obviously lol) and Buttons, Plant Working animal Goat Grass Groundcover
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Eyelash Ear
Plant Working animal Fawn Goat-antelope Horn
Goat Goat-antelope Terrestrial animal Livestock Goats
Vertebrate Felidae Carnivore Mammal Grass
Goat Plant Goat-antelope Terrestrial animal Grass
and my buck, Vincent Van Goat.

·
STILL not Alice
22,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What a lovely goatie family!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. :)

Reactions: PygmyGoatGirl

·
Registered
12 Posts
What a lovely goatie family!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. :)
With me, it seems to ALWAYS be all about the goats!! I never thought I'd feel a bond with a livestock animal. I've always had a bond with my horses, but... Goats?! But I lost my heart horse this year, and even though I still have my Bubby, my Gypsy is gone, and the goats helped me get through that! My profile pic, actually, was taken 3 days after we had to put Gypsy down. Buttons, the brown goat, and Gypsy were good friends. That night, Buttons was sad, I could tell, and so was I, obviously. So I went out to talk to her, and she got all lovey and huggy, and I took about 30 pics and vids of us!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts