Surplus windows

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by amelia, Sep 17, 2004.

1. amelia

amelia Well-Known Member

Anyone know how I might try to re-market a bunch of brand new Loewen wood windows? Construction project has gone T.U. and I think I'll cry if I have to look at these much longer. There's probably somebody out there who would be interested in snagging them for a more than fair price. Just not sure where to go, besides Barter Board. Ideas?

2. romancemelisa

romancemelisa Well-Known Member

if you purchased them from home depot, or lowes, they will gladly take them back

3. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

These sell in our Bulletin Board newspaper regularly under "Construction Supplies". Advertise them. Even our newspaper has cheap ads for self-sales. Call Habitat for Humanity and offer them a good deal to take all of them.

4. sdrew

sdrew Well-Known Member

Around here (Maine) there's surplus places that sell building materials/millwork, etc. that are "2nds" or discontinued/obsolete. IF there's a place like that around your parts, they may take all of them at once. Though, I bet you wouldn't get cost out of them doing it that way; but they'd be out of your hair at least.

5. deberosa

deberosa SW Virginia Gourd Farmer!

Amelia,

If they are about 3or 4 by 5 or 6( I might be interested. I was just going to go out and buy windows!

Debbie

6. wheeezil

wheeezil Well-Known Member

7. amelia

amelia Well-Known Member

Some really good ideas, you guys. Thank you. Deberosa, I'll pm you with the specs on the off chance they're just what you're looking for.