sure signs of spring!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by fordson major, Feb 17, 2005.

1. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

any body got sap in their taps? dropped by a buddys shack today .above freezing temps and below at nights but still no sap! they had about half the pipeline hooked up and will have the other half up by sat. roads as potholed as they get! oh and the local bto is transfering his "liquid gold" to his lagoon! only thing i have not seen is the robins! they were here in jan but have not seen any for awhile. anybody else got any "springs coming"signs?

2. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Peepers are calling,Turkeys are Gobbling,Crocus are blooming,White Bas and Crappie are biting,Redbuds are trying to bud out,Skunks are mating,and I'm really thinking about Garden.

big rockpile

3. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

yeah! what rock said! it is most definitely on it's way here. planting peas and lettuce this weekend.:)

4. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Well-Known Member

Only sign of spring here is the daylight coming back, still 0 degrees and frozen. I'm not complaining, sunshine is great.

5. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

Picked my first daffodils today here in Southern MO....and the bees have been busy at the sap dripping from a broken tree limb on our ancient maple....lost its twin to straight line winds this winter and wow,sure opened up our front yard to the sun.....which means I can plant different stuff in my front beds now. Grass is greening up fast and the cows aren't hanging around to eat hay in the mornings anymore. MUTTI