Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
This thread is so old that bstuart has probably made meatballs and spaghetti again by now.

Nevertheless, one need not make a huge pot of S & M. Aldis sells frozen meatballs in a container, fifty or more meatballs.; Take out as many as you like and cook a few stalks of spaghetti and you are home free. I can make sauce in a big pot or small.

My preference is Hunt's original, souped up with onions and bell pepper, some peppercorns and garlic. If I do not have meatballs I just fry up a bit of hamburger and mix it in the sauce and put the whole thing over spaghetti. Wife likes to put cheese over it at the table. Me, not so much.

Made that way I can freeze whatever I do not eat and use it one portion at a time.

·
newfieannie
9,498 Posts
all i'm having is leftover macaroni and hamburger from what i made for my son yesterday. most people are cooking a big meal by now for tomorrow. i don't see any point in it just for myself.

i like desserts but i don't even have that. i did have a lemon roll but he came in so i could cut his hair and he took off with the roll. i'll likely open a can of fruit tomorrow. not much like New Years anyway. pouring down rain here. not that i want any snow mind you. maybe just a few flakes for tomorrow. someone close by is getting 15cm saturday but it's not me. ~Georgia

·
newfieannie
9,498 Posts
that reminds me . i've got a nice piece of venison my son brought in a week ago. it would make a nice pot of stew. that's what mom would have for dad on NYD. with lots of dumplings. ~Georgia

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Making speghetti n meatballs for the first time in over 5 years:) I live alone so it's usually not worth using so much meat just for me. What are you making for supper?
Good idea. I haven't had Speghetti for years. Maybe make some tomorrow. Right now got Roast Beef i have to finish
I love fresh Fish. Winter time hard to catch any now. Spring i catch a lot of fresh water fish. Pizza i have once a week.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm making a big pot of turkey hash:)

Reactions: newfieannie

·
newfieannie
9,498 Posts
how do you make turkey hash? i've never had that. probably the same way you make chicken hash although i haven't had that either. likely involves potatoes,onions etc. ~Georgia

·
newfieannie
9,498 Posts
i had haddock with champagne sauce,
a little rice and peas. used a salad plate. that was one of my NYR. no more dinner plates. no dessert either and no rolls. . i did have a small choc. truffle. you can't really call that dessert unless i ate 10 or so. ~Georgia

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
So pretty, Georgia!

·
newfieannie
9,498 Posts
we have a giant Ikea around the corner and they serve swedish meatballs in their restaurant. i have heard they are excellent! never tried them myself. ~Georgia

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
I have an Ikea nearby also and likewise have heard the meatballs, and anything else served there is good! A plus is, I hear you can buy some of their foods frozen, to enjoy at home.

Mon

Reactions: whistech

·
Super Moderator
13,621 Posts
Posted 1/7/21 5:53 PM CST

As it is cold and raining and I am staying home with the dogs, tonight is vegetable soup and a 6 inch frying pan of cornbread with sweet tea.

·
newfieannie
9,498 Posts
a small haddock fillet. didn't even make a meal with it. i was craving a bit of fish. fried it. slapped it on as piece of bread with mustard and called it good. ~Georgia

·
Registered
57 Posts
Deer backstrap stirfry in a wok. Thinly sliced steak, mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, scirachi sauce, panda express kung pao stir fry sauce. Rice. Delicious.

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
a small haddock fillet. didn't even make a meal with it. i was craving a bit of fish. fried it. slapped it on as piece of bread with mustard and called it good. ~Georgia
I'm so bad, that's the way I eat most of the time - or I fix a crock pot full of soup, chili or something, eat off it for a couple days, freeze the rest.

That's why I take a multiple vitamin daily...... :giggle:

Reactions: whistech
21 - 39 of 39 Posts