Superman is dead! :(

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by bethlaf, Oct 11, 2004.

1. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

i was reading this morning news , and heard he has passed on , :waa: wow,
    from his movies to his work and writing as a profound supporter of science for helping people with disabling injuries be able to function as "normal" :waa: and stem cell research ( not saying i agree with the mans every view, but i admire political activism)
    after coming back from his injury while horseback riding, to managing so long in his condition he passed from a heart attack .....
    :waa:

2. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

It's very sad. I'm glad that he had a few more years to see his children grow after the accident. His condition seemed to fragile.

3. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    I think the sad thing is that his death was preventable. Basically he died from a pressure sore that got infected and it took over his system before they caught it. It can happen really to anyone who has a sore that they neglect though of course bed ridden and chair ridden people are more susceptible. I had a little spate of about 4 years where I had a sore on my left leg that would flare up now and then. Id be right as rain one minute and 2 hours later have a raging fever of 103. It was nip and tuck once or twice and no joke until they got the infection stopped. Id have terrible chills and fever and delerium. It was not fun. I have since learned to take care of all my little boo boos and not take any chances. Its a shame that a pillar of strength like Chris Reeves should be taken down finally by a little sore. :waa:

4. jassytoo

jassytoo Well-Known Member Supporter

I was so sad to hear about his death. Our little grandson is in a wheelchair and the Christopher Reeve Foundation has been so much help in making life easier for him. I hope his good work carries on. A truly brave man.

5. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

He advanced the treatment of spinal cord injuries, and did more with his body than anyone thought was possible. He was told that he would never breath on his own again, and he did. He was told he would never move his legs, and he did.

I am sorry that he did not live long enough to be able to benefit much from the advances he set in motion.

RIP Christopher Reede. He truly was a Man of Steele.