Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's cooking at you house?

I'm making 2 lasagnas, one with meat, eggplant and spinach for me, and one with just meat for my veggie phobic husband :)

I love him dearly, but it can be like cooking for a teenage boy :p

·
Loving My Life...
1,626 Posts
We had a "non traditional" early Christmas lunch with DH's family today....

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, gravy....

Ginger cake & pumpkin pie for dessert.....

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
My MIL slow roasted a pork roast (I had two Morning Star Spicy Black Bean patties) and made gravy, potatoes and carrots with iced tea. I am hoping for roasted chicken for tomorrow :)

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both of the above sound delicious.

Yesterday we had Cajun 10 bean soup with home made bread.

Tonight I am heating up some Cornish pasties I made Saturday, we had the church Christmas play this evening and have just got back.

Hope they heat up quickly I'm starving!

Rose :D
Yum! I haven't had a Cornish pasty in years!

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Rose, I'm going to try the recipe.

Growing up, my cousins lived in St Austell, so we spent every Christmas and a good chunk of each summer in Cornwall. Such great memories :)

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
Both of the above sound delicious.

Yesterday we had Cajun 10 bean soup with home made bread.

Tonight I am heating up some Cornish pasties I made Saturday, we had the church Christmas play this evening and have just got back.

Hope they heat up quickly I'm starving!

Rose :D
ETA: Nevermind. :eek:I don't read well, do I? L! I *think* I love those! I lived in CA for a year back 14 years ago now, and there was this place that sold them, I think. They called them "Meat pies". They looked just like the picture though.
Ya know,
I think I'm going to try those to see if this is the same thing.

Thanks, Rose
Cindyc.

Cindyc.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yum, thank you for posting that link Rose, I think I'm going to try that tomorrow night. It is very similar to something I already make using leftover roast beef, potatoes, carrots and onions. I will let you know how it turns out!

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts

·
being a Mrs. is an honor
541 Posts
meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn...

extra meatloaf for chilli tomorrow night...

(can't wait to make the pasties...yummmmm!!! Thanks Rose!!

=)bonnie

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
We had venison lasagna, a green salad, garlic toast, and blueberry cobbler for dessert.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Making Cornish Pasties. Okay Rose, question for you, do you season with anything besides salt and pepper? Do you add any liquid to the filling to keep from being too dry? I'm following the recipe on the link you posted so hopefully it comes out good!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts