Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grandfatherbear found mention of them years ago on the internet- taste and texture similar to an Irish potato- since we live in zone 10/11 we were very very interested in trying this variety but it was almost impossible to find. I finally found Sandhill Preservation and visited their websites irregularly but on the years I was serious about gardening - that would be a year Sandhills wasn't offerering ithe Sumor. This year I checked back on their website and they are offering the Sumor. I sent off my money order and forms to order 10 sumors and 5 Koreans (purple skins, white extra sweet flesh) Grandfatherbear is currently feeling all sweet potatoed out- we still have 3 large paper grocery sacks full of our harvested sweet potatoes. I explained to him that we'll have to do sweet potatoes one day a week, pasta one day, rice one day- etc etc. I thought the sweet potato french ffries came out pretty good.
Anyway, with our LONG, HOT, HUMID summers, if I could dig thru a pot and come up with a sweet potato that tasted like mashed Irish potatoes, or home fries, or bakers with sour cream - He'de be happy -I'de be happy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts