Summer's here again.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by tyusclan, Jun 14, 2005.

1. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

Well, here we go again. Want to hear the weather forecast for North Florida from now until October? Lows in the mid to upper 70's, highs in the mid to upper 90's, 70%+ humidity, heat indeces of 100+, and a chance of a widely scattered afternoon or evening thundershower. We have our personal sauna for the next three months.

I can't wait for October. That's when the temperature and humidity start to drop and the breeze starts blowing again.

2. Donovan K

Donovan K Well-Known Member

I'm with ya. Here in the Ocala National Forest, it has been raining and storming every day for nearly a week.. water everywhere.. the frogs are singing their mating song nightly.. VERY LOUDLY!!! and today, the sun came out and the humidity hit eighty five percent and the heat index topped one hundred. Woo Hoo!

I picked up a nail in my tire today and had to have it replaced (right through the sidewall, lucky me). Thankfully, a good neighbor helped me getting it filled enough to make it down to the shop. I would have looked like a melted snowman if I had gotten that flat out on the highway today. Just a wet spot on the highway.

Y'all come down for the Humidity Festival and Prickly Heat Celebration!

Donovan

3. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

And don't forget the mosquitoes from all the rain.

4. terrythetaod

terrythetaod Well-Known Member

Yep, and the grass grows twice as fast because of all the rain, but you can't cut it because it never dries out!!

Oh, well, if it was dry I'd be complaining about having to water everything with a hose.

5. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't forget the ultraviolet index- on a scale of 1-10 for the next 4 months its an 11! Even Grandfatherbear, who is alot more heat tolerant than I am, went around at 8 15 closing up the windows and turning on the a/c!