Sulfur soap uses...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by texican, Nov 29, 2005.

1. texican

texican Well-Known Member

I bought some specialty soaps at our local mexican market/bakery... One of the bars was sulfur soap. The manager of the market reminded me to make sure I rinsed the soap off real good...

I got it thinking it might be good for medicinal purposes on my animals. I did wash part of my arm with it, rinsed it real good, and I reeked of sulfur. :stars:

Anyone used it before? for what?

Also got some good defoliant bars, some nettle soap, donkey milk soap (smoothest soap I've ever used), and a bar of chile soap, and actually started to use it in the tub, and stopped at the last minute from completely soaping up, thinking about the 'consequences' of using it everywhere....

2. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

Do you mean exfoliant bars or defoliant bars? Defoliant will make all your leaves drop off and I don't think you want that to happen :p

As for sulfur soap, I dont think I would want to use that on my body, I think its used for acne and skin conditions though.
    Id be afraid of using the chili soap "everywhere" too! lol

3. rkintn

rkintn mean people suck

4. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Sulfur soap is for getting rid of your fleas.

5. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Well-Known Member

As mentioned above it's really good for acne or any other icky things that needs to be "dried" up. I've heard of people using it on their dogs for mange and other "unpleasant" bug-a-boos like that.
    I bought some sulfur cream at a pet shop for my dogs lick sore one time, healed it up quick! I've used it on little boo-boos and it's really quite amazing, faster healing than polysporin!
    Too bad it smells so rotten!!! :p

6. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

It will keep chiggers, ticks and skeeters away. When we hike in FL sometimes we dust our legs with "flowers of sulfur"

7. texican

texican Well-Known Member

Defoliant....DOH!

I was wondering why the bar of soap had a skull and crossbones danger sign on it... read the instructions after it removed all the hair off my leg...argghhh!!! :( just kidding... It was an exfoliant...

I had a recollection that sulfur was good for some dog ailments, like fleas, mange and other problems... Believe me, after one trial use, I'll not do a full body wash... unless I have to crawl under someone's flea infested house...Did have to do that once, and it wasn't very nice...