Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Small scale homesteader
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to need to transfer ownership of my goats here in the next couple of months and when I register the kids.. I know I don't need the name for the transfer itself, but I want to do my membership stuff and everything at the same time which means I need a farm name.. I was wanting Silvermoon in the title, but I don't know where to go from there.. Silvermoon Acres, Silvermoon MiniFarm? What else might sound good with that? I don't want the name to be too long either.. Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Minelson thats too cute I almost choked on my beverage.

Ya if you run your name altogether it'll save you some space.

·
Small scale homesteader
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL Sounds like a little cartoon character..

·
Bedias, Texas
900 Posts
Remember to make it something thats customer friendly. Something that sounds cool, that you like, but also sounds like you know what youre doing. Something that conveys confidence. Cause when you sell livestock, youre also selling a whole package, which includes piece of mind.

THAT being SAID.....I like SilverMoon Meadows also!!!!! grin.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I like Silvermoon Acres or Meadows. both seem to flow nicely, imo. Silvermoon Ranch might work.
I know what you mean by getting all the registration work done, I'm going through that too. ;)
Thanks,
Bluemountainkid

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
You only want to buy the Silvermoon name, then on your farm signs and business cards, and soaps etc.....then add the farm etc. If you go with Silvermoon Meadows etc...you will have very limited ability to name your goats anything other than mary, sally and other 4 and 5 letter names :) IF your talking ADGA, start with Silvermoon and see what all isn't taken already because getting a herdname anymore is really hard. In the next several years they will be ungrandfathering names so if they haven't been in use, but aren't historical names (Cadillac, Hallicendia etc) the old names will go up for grabs. Vicki

1 - 8 of 8 Posts