Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get seed for the Sugar Lump Tomato that was sold by Jungs 25 or 30 years ago? There is a Sugar Lump available today, but it's a small cherry size tomato. The one they sold years ago was a tomato about two inches across that grew in clusters of maybe 6 or 8. We used them for canning and they were just the right size for slipping whole into the jars.

Jennifer

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Seed Savers Exchange 2008 Yearbook shows three members who have/had seeds. The closest to you is in CT: John Sokoloski, email: [email protected]; phone: 860-455-0481.

Good luck!
None of those listed are the canner that she's looking for. That Sugar Lump is a cherry tomato which some claim is the same as Gardener's Delight.

I have several which would qualify for canning whole but are not on this year's seed offer. One in particular is Danish Export which is a heavy producer of 2"-2½" red fruit.

Martin

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both of you. Bookfarmer, I appreciate you looking it up for me. Martin, thanks for the information on the other tomato. I'm really only looking for it because my mother liked it so well and I thought it would be nice if I could find it again, is all. Guess I'll just continue to keep watch for it. :)

Jennifer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts