SUE-B question

Discussion in 'Goats' started by greyhound girl, Oct 22, 2005.

1. greyhound girl

greyhound girl Well-Known Member

How is your little goat doing?

2. sue-b

sue-b Member

The goat can not get up from a lying position; at least I have not seen him get up. When I stand him up he stays up. I think he is afraid to lay down as he knows he can’t get up. He is walking; but the back legs aren't like they should be; sort of drags them.

I think the only reason my goat got well is because; I spent hours giving therapeutic exercises on the legs. I found that I spent 3 hours at one time working his legs. Time seemed to slip by. I tried to exercise the legs 3 times a day when I was home all day. You know when a human gets something wrong with their limbs they get therapeutic exercises; what is wrong with giving the same treatment to an animal?

Also he had lost weight when he was down in his hind legs; so I bought Cloveite Conditioner. This comes in a plastic bucket 5 pounds for about $22. Quite expensive; however I wanted to save my boy. I gave him big helpings in his milk. Even though he was born this spring; I still bottle feed him 2 times a day. I know this way he is getting some nourishment. He eats grass, hay, drinks water and licks salt block.

For the ones who wonder what I am referring to; my boy got menengial worms. You may read about this at Menengial worms on 10-10-2005.

3. Teacupliz

Teacupliz Well-Known Member

did you treat him agressively with Ivemic? I know some that give it everyday till they get better?
    Liz iN NY
    Teacup Farm

4. greyhound girl

greyhound girl Well-Known Member

My doe that had MW was massaged the same way by the gal who owned her before me - I believe it really helps. When I got her she could barely get up - but with time and encouragement to move around, she regained about 90% of her mobility. That was 2 years ago. This fall she had a relapse and is now in the process of rebuilding again. Glad he's still around! Don't give up!