Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Thaiblue that picture is heartbreaker :( What a darling kitty. I am so sorry for you and your daughter.

·
Broken Dreamer
2,320 Posts
Awww... she looks just like my Tigger. :( Poor little thing.... your cat and your daughter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a heart condition that cats can have that shows no symptoms they just die. I can't remember what it's called. I'll look it up.

Here it is All Creatures Health Care
I'm thinking that is why my cat paws suddenly died from. He was fine last night he had all his shots and fixed and such, and I woke up this morning bam.. he was dead and had blood coming from his mouth. I was so sad I loved my paws... I ended up burring him next to my Brat who passed away last year she was 14 years old... Died of Old age..

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
39,120 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

Please be aware that VERY old posts are being "recommended" by the new software on this forum.

The original post was from 2010.

Reactions: mzgarden

·
Registered
496 Posts
As long as we're resurrecting a decade old thread:

I wonder if the OP's couch had recliners on the end seats? My dad smashed and killed a cat of mine in the couch recliner long ago. Found behind couch with blood on its mouth sounds about right.

·
Premium Member
20,002 Posts
I'm thinking that is why my cat paws suddenly died from. He was fine last night he had all his shots and fixed and such, and I woke up this morning bam.. he was dead and had blood coming from his mouth. I was so sad I loved my paws... I ended up burring him next to my Brat who passed away last year she was 14 years old... Died of Old age..
I’m sorry for your loss.
my daughters young cat died the same way but she did scream. They ran to see what was wrong and she was dead when they found her. The vet said it was likely a heart attack.

also, I don’t think it matters if a thread is old it provides needed information.
this place is a treasure trove of good information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So sorry for the losses I'm reading of here....my 10 yr old cat was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. He never slowed down and 2 weeks before he passed, he was still hunting. This was what he loved. He was an indoor/outdoor cat in a rural area. He managed to kill a rabbit and the last week, a squirrel. Still jumping up 4 feet to eat at his feeding station. Still happy, nice coat, good appetite, same weight.. Then I didn't see him for a day. I asked my neighbor if Titan was sleeping under her covered glider again. She went to check and he was there. He looked like he was asleep but had some fresh blood coming from his nose or mouth. I've read that cats with hyperthyroidism only live around 4 yrs after diagnosis. We got Titan's diagnosis over
20190623_190050.jpg
4 years before he died. We didn't ask our vet to investigate but I'm thinking complications from hyperthyroidism was cause of death. I think I read somewhere that cats can bleed from nose after heart failure. And I would like to think your cat's and my Titan both had a quick and painless death. We can find comfort in the happiness we gave our cats and the happiness they gave us in return. Hugs to your daughter.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I know she was indoor, but could she have been exposed to rat poison or have a traumatic injury? That brings to mind internal bleeding. I know it doesn't truly matter though, she's gone and my heart breaks for your daughter. I had a beloved cat who passed 15 years ago and talking about him sometimes still makes me cry. They certainly can leave an impact.

Edit: I didn't realize the original thread was so old. Sorry!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts