Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Happy Homemaker
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some nice new storage bowl thingies at the dollar store (that is where I should have left them!) They have lids that are about 6" round and then they have stickers on them that are about 5" round! Not kidding! I have been trying for the past two days to get those blasted stickers off!!

Who's bright idea was this anyway?!!??

·
Registered
70 Posts
I know the stickers, that glue is awful.
Have you tried using rubbing alcohol on them? The acetone in nail polish remover will cut glue but it may also eat into the plastic. I wouldn't use it on anything I was going to put food in.
Did you soak them in hot, sudsy water?
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
If it won't melt the lids, you can gently boil them. That might work.

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
barnyardfun said:
I bought some nice new storage bowl thingies at the dollar store (that is where I should have left them!) They have lids that are about 6" round and then they have stickers on them that are about 5" round! Not kidding! I have been trying for the past two days to get those blasted stickers off!!

Who's bright idea was this anyway?!!??
WD-40 works miracles. Trust me. Just make sure you wash it off good because I dont' imagine it tastes too hot.

donsgal

·
Happy Homemaker
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great ideas! Thank you!

So far they have soaked in water for two days.....hot soapy water till it cools off! :rolleyes: Got all the paper stuff off, just down to the goo!

Times like this really try your patients! All over a dollar bowl! :grump:

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
barnyardfun said:
Great ideas! Thank you!

So far they have soaked in water for two days.....hot soapy water till it cools off! :rolleyes: Got all the paper stuff off, just down to the goo!

Times like this really try your patients! All over a dollar bowl! :grump:
Those aren't dollar bowls anymore! Now they're more like $5 bowls. How frustrating!

·
Happy Homemaker
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
farmergirl said:
Those aren't dollar bowls anymore! Now they're more like $5 bowls. How frustrating!
No Kidding! I am beginning to wonder if at the manufacturer they don't get a kick out of thinking about someone trying to get their sticker off! Maybe they have a contest to see who can get as close as they can to making it impossible! :nono:

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I find this happens on a lot products anymore. It is like the sticker is better made than the product. lol

I vote for Goo-B-Gone. Dawn sometimes is helpful to in getting some of the remnants off.

This reminds of one time when my OCD aunt visited and because a sticker had been hard to remove my mother just left it on some kitchen gadget, since she felt the whole label looked better than some torn one. Well my aunt was very aggrieved at this and spent a great deal of time trying to get this sticker off of course she couldn't get the whole thing off and my mom was left with an ugly clawed at label on her gadget.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.