Stupid Neighbour Kids

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by bunnylove, May 17, 2004.

1. bunnylove

bunnylove Member

The Neighbour kids got into my back yard and got one of my rabbits out. (It was my daughters rabbit.) and killed it. They put it in a cooler. They where ten so they new better. Plus I have locks on my gate, they jumped my fence . My little girl was upset that the rabbit was gone. Because i told her that it went back to its Mommy. But when she found it in the cooler she almost died. I am so upset. (Sorry kind of venting.... :waa: :mad: :waa: )So I guess I am in the market for a new Holland Lop...If anyone is close to Dallas/Fortworth Texas area Please get back to me......Thank you :waa:

2. countrygirl26

countrygirl26 Active Member

Did you say anything to the kids parent(s)? I know I would have and they should have to pay for the replacement of the rabbit and apologise to your daughter. I know my son would've been extremely upset if his rabbit was killed.

If you are looking for a specific rabbit. I always check at the local feed stores, because sometimes at our local feed store they have listings on the board of people who have rabbits etc. I know you could always find a specific rabbit at the pet store if you want to pay an arm and a leg for it.

3. westbrook

westbrook In Remembrance

Yes I do and if you look in your private mail I have left a number and link.

4. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

you needed to call the law and report it thats theft and animal abuse. those kids sound like future jeffry dalmers from what they did.

5. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

Look in your phone book for "Robert Nettles".. used to live down by Lancaster/Wi??lmer? Raises and shows several breeds and I think.. um.. Mini Lops, and can at least direct you to someone.

Also in Lewisville there is a SheilBA LASSITER (I remembered!!) ALSO try the Bluebonnet 4-H Rabbit Club.. out of Lewisville.. look online at Texas Rabbit Breeders Club.. affiliate clubs. (If THEY don't have a page go to ARBA.. American Rabbit Breeder's Club.. and look for affiliate clubs.)

You could find a replacement by bedtime.. if you hustle! Good luck..
    Sstupid little brats!!! Future Jeofery Dahmers or what?????? Grrrr

6. Buffy in Dallas

Buffy in Dallas Well-Known Member Supporter

I agree, call the cops now. This time it was your rabbit, next time it could be your daughter. :no:

7. boren

boren Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be rude but that's really lame. Go talk to the kids parents, tell them what they did and since their more that likely nice normal people they'll take appropriate action. Kids do stupid things, it's part of growing up. Would they know better at 10? I dunno, ever see a teen tie firecrackers to a dogs tail?

Sorry about your rabbit, and your daughter.

8. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

My advice is to go to the parents and explain what the children did! It was, after all, trespassing and animal abuse and destruction of private property. If the parents don't make those children at least apologize and then make full restitution, go to the police.

Killing a domesticated rabbit like that is downright disgusting.

9. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

try contacting the local paper let them do a story then the parents will feel low down and the kids will be branded as troubled and get help.

10. 4-h'er

4-h'er Member

whooo! you go james :cool:

11. bunnylove

bunnylove Member

Hi all,
    Thank you so much for all your replies. I did go and talk with there parents. They where very nice about it. They offered to replace The rabbit but I declined. As for the kids Going after my daughter, that is crazy. The kids where very upset that the rabbit was dead. In a ten year olds head they don't think things through yet. They had no idea that putting an animal in a cooler would kill it. Ever since they have been very nice to my daughter and apologized many times. As for some of you wanted me to call the cops. Why make a bad situation worse. I have to live by these people. I don't want to make a war.
    So all is well again. Daughter is talking about getting another rabbit. But this time she wants a different breed. I also told the kids that broke in my back yard that they could come over Sundays and pet the rabbits with me there. So everything worked out well. Thank you all again for all the replies. :)

12. Buffy in Dallas

Buffy in Dallas Well-Known Member Supporter

>The Neighbour kids got into my back yard and got one of my rabbits out. (It was my daughters rabbit.) and killed it. They put it in a cooler.<

Maybe your post should have been more specific. That sounds like these kids came in killed it on purpose and hid it in a cooler. That sounds like pre-serial killer behavior.

>They had no idea that putting an animal in a cooler would kill it.<
    Your second post sounds like stupid children.

>I don't mean to be rude but that's really lame.<
    You may not mean to be but you are. EXCUSE ME for caring. I have first hand knowledge of how child sociopaths act. They are scary.

Great... I'm lame and crazy. :waa:

13. bunnylove

bunnylove Member

I wrote the message on the day that it happened. I didn't want to confront the children or the parents that day because I was so emotional. To tell you the truth I was very upset and I thought that they did kill it. When I talk to them they said that they thought that the rabbit would be ok in the cooler. If you had the same situation you would have thought the same thing. You are nor lame or crazy. When you lose a loved pet your first reaction is always to blame who did it. So I guess I was the lame and crazy one. But I fixed the problem locks on every cage door. It is sad that I have to do that but that is the world we live in. Sorry for the confusion.

14. dale anne

dale anne Well-Known Member

howdy...sorry to hear about your loss.....i dont have any lops but have a 2 week old kindling of dutches that i would be more then happy to give one to yer daughter....I live in arkansa but travel to canton trade days when i can.....iffin ya want one they will be old enough fer ya to take come end of june...could always meet in canton to retrieve the bunny......can email me at eieioooo1@aol.com....dale anne

15. CarrieS

CarrieS Member

Sorry to hear about your daughter's bunny. I have Hollands, Mini Rex and satin rabbits. The mini rex are nice and have short plush fur. I have a litter of 4 that will be available in 2 weeks if you are interested. I live about 2 hours or so from the DFW area (takes me 3 hours to get to DFW airport). You can see my bunnies on http://www.geocities.com/risingsunrabbitry and e-mail is risingsunrabbitry@yahoo.com