Strong like bull

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by pookshollow, Dec 9, 2006.

1. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Good thing too! :dance: DH and I just moved an old oil furnace and an old woodstove out of the basement, and then hauled a treadmill down. Last weekend, we moved an upright freezer out, and a chest freezer and the washer in - again, down to the basement.

You should have seen the woodstove - the sides were buckled! That must have been one hot fire.

2. roadless

roadless Well-Known Member Supporter

My Dh and I perform similar tasks all the time, usually in the middle of it I remind him that I'm still a delicate flower even if I am strong like bull!!! :p He agrees!

3. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    I just tell Fla Gal (117 pounds) what to do and stay out of her way; running like the devil is after me now... :hobbyhors

4. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

we've got a 400 lb water heater too come out of the basement here pooks! :flame: :flame: close too a ton of concrete two weeks ago all in a 5 ft high cellar! :nono: used too think the former owners were midgets! they are all over six foot tall (were, most have now passed)! :help: :p

5. pookshollow

Is that an invitation? :p

Smart man. :dance:

6. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

pooks,

how are you doing since the fire? I haven't been able to read all the posts lately (dial-up has been slower than usual lately), so I'm not up to speed. What are the plans for rebuilding, etc? Having been through a total loss house fire myself, I feel for you. It seems like there are so many things you have to think about, all at the same time, and so many things that need doing....I'm just thankful that you, like us, only lost things. People are what's important, the rest is just stuff!

~Mary

7. pookshollow

We never had a fire - you're thinking of someone else! I'm afraid I can't remember who it was though.

That woodstove was left behind by the previous owners.

8. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

pooks, if you and the gang come up too visit we are not going too put you too work!! :dance: that we are saving for bratty teenagers! :help: square bales do have a place still on the farm! :) furnaces can be very much fun too remove from basements, bro is a furnace tech and i his grunt, helps too remove the tin ! manygoatsmore may be thinking of the barn you mentioned that burned round the corner from you. fire :flame:

9. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

OOPS, LOL! :eek: Who WAS it that had the house fire recently (well, kind of recently)? No barn fire around the corner from me...that was someone else, too. :shrug:

I have a woodstove I need to move across my livingroom to a different position. Wanna come help me push? ;)

10. pookshollow

We've got a couple of those - they're never around when there's work to be done though. :p (Actually, I shouldn't say that - the younger one is very helpful when asked. :) )

That was me! Beautiful old barn too - and I was gonna get some photos of it, to do a painting. :Bawling: Nothing but a pile of rubble now.