String Trimmer Bump Head Question

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by moodcouple, Jul 22, 2005.

1. moodcouple

moodcouple Well-Known Member

I have a Bollars gas powered string trimmer. The bump thingy came off the bump head and I have to refresh the string by hand. Does anyone know if and where to find just a new bump head so I don't have to replace the whole trimmer?

2. Daddyof4

Daddyof4 Well-Known Member

Try cleaning the old one out first. That means unwinding all the string and cleaning it real good. I have a string trimmer and when that happens, it has always been dirt as the culprit up to this point.

It don't cost anything to clean it so if it doesn't help you haven't lost a dime.

3. moodcouple

moodcouple Well-Known Member

Thanks, but that's not the problem. The plastic piece that actually bumps on the ground broke off, the spool is still fine. There was a bolt underneath the bump thing, but it's set too low to push the spool far enough in to release the string. I can't get the thing (it must have a name, I just don't know it) back on, so I can't feed string with it operating.

I'm heading to TSC and see if they have anything. That, or Lowe's who carry that brand.

Darn thing runs good, and I really need to do some trimming before the wife gets back.