Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Head Muderator
1,857 Posts
Cool pics and seems like you have lots growing, but what is your conclusion? About the same?

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is Homesteader. It is working. By now I would have spent many many hours weeding (now, this is not counting the crabgrass problem). What I mean is, no matter what we had to do something to smother out the crabgrass. But, it does of course smother out the other weeds too. True, I have spent time putting the straw and/or newspapers down, but it is much easier and pleasant than weeding.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow!! Loved your pictures!! My garden looks more like weeds than anything else. I think I'll try that...sure wouldnt hurt. I know it has to be a lot better than pulling weeds. My knee caps are beginning to look like leather...from getting on my knees and battleing the weeds. :(

·
Windy Island Acres
4,588 Posts
It's been working well for me too. I use newspapers and cardboard and a few rows even got the official black mulch paper.
Your garden looks amazingly HUGE!! How big is it?

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is Homesteader - sorry, I didn't check back and didn't realize you all had asked questions! The garden is 5,000 square feet, you can only see some of it in the pictures. It consists of 32 forty-foot rows.
We live in the desert southwest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts