strange bag of feed

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by kath2003, Feb 14, 2005.

1. kath2003

kath2003 Well-Known Member

I just have a quick question,I sent my daughter to the feed store for pig feed and she came home with 2 bags of some ground up stuff.The ingrediants are corn,wheat,soybean meal,and Alfalfa.Its ground very fine,and 13.5% protein.
    They hate it!! ,is there something I can do with it to make it more appealing to my pigs?.Thanks,

2. VApigLover

VApigLover Well-Known Member

I'd mix it with slops, egg's, milk. etc. Sounds like you bought that MASH feed, which I have accidently bought a time or two, I alway try to get pelletized feed, seems more palitable. Also saw your thread on going in halfs on a pig deal, I've learned its too hard to keep things straight and hard feeling could develop over who is doing what to whome. If you can just do it yourself, its more fun and rewarding that way.

3. dustin2112

dustin2112 Member

Its called ground feed/mash I bought a few bags of it last week when I went to a closer feed store and I thought I was buying the usual pelletized feed. I mixed it with some overnight soaked corn...and since the corn was still wet after I drained the water the powdered feed stuck to the corn..they ate it up quickly.....Goodluck.

4. kath2003

kath2003 Well-Known Member

I'll give it a try.They do get some slop stuff from my bakery,but we have tons of corn.Thanks for the help,