stolen va laptop

Discussion in 'Home Defense/Guns' started by petefarms, May 28, 2006.

1. petefarms

petefarms Well-Known Member

I am curious if any of the vets here are possibly among the 26 million on the stolen va laptop? If you may be are you taking any steps to protect your idenity or is there no real threat to having your idenity stolen?

2. BarbH

BarbH Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what a person can do to protect their identity. Do you happen to know?

I think all a person can do is to keep a very close eye on credit reports and make sure no new accounts have been opened in their name.

3. dixiedoodle

dixiedoodle Well-Known Member

How about the ones that are disable and have direct deposits! They can wipe out your account each month,they can use your ssn,have your drivers license number,BD everything,you know the Gov.There is nothing you can do! You may as well post it in your local news paper,or put it on the internet. There WAS a porpose for them to know people! Everything. Think about it!

4. bergere

bergere Just living Life

My hubby is one of the ones in this mess that should of never happened.
    Sigh ~~ Lets just say we are both very, very ticked. Why in heavens name would you put that kind of info on a lap top and take it out of the work building??
    From what has been told, there is not much we can do. We just hope someone doesn't clean us out and our much needed check will be there each month.