Stocking Gifts???

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Queen Bee, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

For the first time in 20-something yrs., we will be blessed w/ young children at our house for Christmas! They are 6 and 7 yrs old. They will be here when we open our gifts. They will have Santa at their house but will join us for ours!!! I have a book for each, a pr. of pjs, one of those Fisher Price digital cameras for gifts but need ideas for their stockings. Santa has always left lots of little/ inexpensive gifts tucked into the stockings, along w/ candy, toothbrushes and dental floss! And it's been a long, long time since mine were this age!

What are good things to stuff stockings with for a 6yo (girl) & 7yo(boy) old?? Thank you--Merry Christmas From Queen Bee and the drone...

2. Cindy in NY

Cindy in NY Well-Known Member Supporter

How about coloring books and crayons and of course an orange in the toe!!

3. heather

heather Well-Known Member

chapstick

lotion

pencils or pens or markers

stickers

and my personal favorite.......a can of black olives (caution: makes stocking heavy)

4. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

Matchbox cars for the boy
    hair barettes for the girl
    stickers
    jacks
    jumprope
    gum
    card games
    water paints

Go to the dollar store and you should be able to find some cute things.

5. hmsteader71

hmsteader71 Well-Known Member Supporter

The Dollar Tree & Dollar General have plenty of pretty figurines for Christmas. My kids love to get snowmen, santas...to put around their room at Christmas. I figure they can collect one a year and by the time they have their own place they will have a good start at decorating. Also, my daughter loves to get Christmas socks. A pair every year. This year, I am making candy and dipped spoons, chocolate dipped pretzel rods and so on and putting in the stockings too. By the way, my kids are 10, 12 & 16 and still love their stockings.

6. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

I always put one of those chocolate oranges in the toe. Last year I found peppermint ones at the dollar store. They are a splurge item, and we save for them for weeks, cuz they are soooo good.

7. sweetcountrygrl

sweetcountrygrl Well-Known Member

My mom always got us each a new Pez dispenser and candies each year for our stockings. We also always got a small jigsaw puzzle and some beef jerky. (Yes, I know the jerky is quite odd, but it was an inside family joke because my little brother and I loved it so much~ lol) All the other goodies were little knick knacks, books, and chocolates.

8. NJ Rich

NJ Rich NJ Rich

I remember my mother putting in a watch one Christmas. I was in heaven to have my own watch. Today cheap but reliable watches can be bought for less than $5.00. Some come with many different characters on the face. Action Heros; cartoon and even Disney characters. It may take some looking but I think you will find some in the discount stores.

My grandchildren have a lot of Match Box cars & trucks. They never seem to go out of style.

Have a Merry Christmas one and all. NJ Rich

9. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

I've gotten a small jar of marshschino cherries for Christmas stocking and for birthday's before... and the whole jar was MINE.

And I have to say everytime this thread comes to the top, I wonder what a Shocking stuffer is..... (you know catching it out of the corner of your eye.)

Angie

10. celina

celina Well-Known Member

angie the cherries were at the dollar store last yr and dh did the 12 days of christmas..and for the 9th day, i got 9 jars of cherries...i didnt share a single one of them!YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

kids love their own mini flashlight and deck of cards....heck they like anything....

11. belladulcinea

belladulcinea Well-Known Member

I ditto the Pez and how about Lifesaver Book those are a lot of fun. I have a friend who would put her kids favorite food in their stocking. One got black olives, one got a jar of his favorite pickles and the other I think got a jar of orange marmalade, they belonged only to them and they were sure funny about them too. Had their names on them and everything.

12. LvDemWings

LvDemWings Well-Known Member

As a kid I remember getting those big giant peppermint sticks, a navel orange the size of a soft ball, pencils that were decorated with colored erasers, jars of baby food deserts (gosh I loved those) and dollar bills individually rolled up and tied with a ribbon.

13. NWMO

NWMO Well-Known Member

Gift certificate to a fast food place......young kids love having their own "money".......even a silver dollar or a unique coin. A Plenty-Pac of gum....a favorite food/smack item.....currennt Disney magazine or comic book

14. Melissa

Melissa member

My kids are older, but still love their stockings. They told me they would not mind if that is all they received! I put jewelry in the girls stockings, socks, candy, books, hair items, anything that will fit really!

15. Cheryl in SD

Cheryl in SD Living in the Hills Supporter

Paperdolls! I print them out & either do the ones they can color (include a box of colored pencils) or go ahead & print the color ones & cut them out ahead of time.

Marilee's Paperdoll page

She has links to dozens of paperdolls that you can print for free. There are dolls for both boys (not many) and girls.

16. mnpersons

mnpersons New Member

Stockings are the most fun !!! I like to do traditional things, jax, silly putty, fancy bouncy balls, crayons, gyroscopes, small magnifing glasses, a compass for the boy is good. get the things that were your favorites, it will be fun for you to dee their reactions. One thing my kids love is bubble tape gum !!!

17. jer

jer Well-Known Member

When my children were small I used to put little boxes of cereal, character bowls & spoons, little cartons of milk and a banana in their stockings. They would sit right down and eat it. They did not need more candy and they would have been excited about anything in the stocking. It sometimes was the only thing some what healthy I could get them to eat all day. I also put in little toys and games, coloring books and crayons.

18. Tweetybird

Tweetybird Well-Known Member

I remember my mother going onto Boston and going to the small shops in Chinatown and getting things like paper dragons, paint brushes and ink, little pretty boxes, chopsticks, and other inexpensive things. She also used to put that candy that was dots of color on a long paper strip. I loved the Christmas stockings. They were almost more fun than the big presents.

19. NJ Rich

NJ Rich NJ Rich

Queen Bee,

How about a note or card in the stocking telling each child there is a container of ice crean of their favorite flavor in the freezer. And that it's all theirs. Put a bow on each container with the childs name.

I just received my latest Campmor Gift 2006 Catalog. www.campmor.com They are having a watch sale for kids. They are Timex Kids Hidden Images Watches found on page 84. There are three images available: Frog; Butterfly or Flower. The image appears when the Indiglo night-light is activated (pressed). They list for $20.00 but are on sale for $7.97 The Frog is # 63504-R; The butterfly #63500-R and the Flower # 63502-R.

Their Toll Free # 1-800-226-7667 24 hours a day. Act fast these things usually sell quickly. NJ Rich

20. cowgirlracer

cowgirlracer Well-Known Member

Wyoming & building a homestead in Kentucky
    I have always tried to put practical a few things in their stockings, but take it up a notch or two. Instead of Suave shampoo (that they get all year) they would get their favorite high end shampoo, same for shaving cream, lotion etc. Toiletries have always been a big hit. When my girls were little they always got a Barbie doll and a movie in their stocking. We don't do the Barbie anymore, but all three of my kids will get a movie. Toothbrushes and toothpaste were a huge hit one year. My kids are now 19, 16 & 14. Both daughters (19 & 16) have told me that their favorite part of Christmas is their stocking. Oh, and this year everyone will get Jerky. I love the cereal idea the jer does - too cool and very smart & creative . . . and breakfast is taken care of. If I had little ones getting up at 5:00am thats what I'd do. What ever you decide it will be great - have fun. This is probably my favorite thing to shop for.

Anne
    Cowgirlracer
    :hobbyhors