Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
It's been falling for a while. They've been calling for a correction for a while, and this may be it... I'm not worried.. this country is already a mess....

Reactions: hercsmama

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
It's now at 16,005...do I hear 15,000 soon? Or even lower?
It was bound to happen.

Matt

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
15,950 now.. Dollar dropping, oil under $82.... what's next? health Insurance Co. bottoming out??

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
over 400 down now....burn baby burn...lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
I am on some gun groups on Facebook. They are starting to shut gun stuff down. I'm on a couple AR-15 sights with over 10,000 members and we are scrambling what to do if those both go dark.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
soooooo.. it went back up, and closed down 173.45.... The sky didn't fall... Would have been a good day to buy for a short time..

Reactions: myheaven

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
soooooo.. it went back up, and closed down 173.45.... The sky didn't fall... Would have been a good day to buy for a short time..
As long as the Fed can still digitalize money from thin air they'll keep it from falling off the cliff. Problem is, the Fed can't do it forever. It's like musical chairs, you never know the music will stop.

·
Lovin' my Fam
4,459 Posts
I have a retirement plan thru work that is based in the Markets- ( if this isn't the right wording- I apologize- I don't base my getting old and retiring on what it makes or doesn't make) BUT- I get really tempted to take out the Maximum amount of what I am allowed without getting taxed- and paying it back monthly with the actual amount- that way I have the $$ if everything were to go to downstairs in a handbasket-

Reactions: elkhound

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
I have a retirement plan thru work that is based in the Markets- ( if this isn't the right wording- I apologize- I don't base my getting old and retiring on what it makes or doesn't make) BUT- I get really tempted to take out the Maximum amount of what I am allowed without getting taxed- and paying it back monthly with the actual amount- that way I have the $$ if everything were to go to downstairs in a handbasket-
That's what we did. That way we have everything hut the house paid off and some cash in the safe.

·
Lovin' my Fam
4,459 Posts
That's what we did. That way we have everything hut the house paid off and some cash in the safe.
mmmm-this is good to hear- a perspective-
I could potentially take out 30 grand- pay all my crap off-
but pay monthly-
no taxes-
i wish I was smarter finacially- have I mentioned that?

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
mmmm-this is good to hear- a perspective-
I could potentially take out 30 grand- pay all my crap off-
but pay monthly-
no taxes-
i wish I was smarter finacially- have I mentioned that?
We took out $40, paid off everything but house, bought daughter a car and put our cars in the shop for a thorough once over and any repairs. We only have house and monthly utilities to pay. I'd have liked to pay the house off but $40 wouldn't have covered it.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
I know someone that borrows the max on one of their retirements and buys gold and silver with the money . Says if they should steal his retirement fund some way he still has something and good luck on them collecting on that loan . :D

·
Lovin' my Fam
4,459 Posts
Terri- do you have to pay it back monthly?
I know with mine - I have to pay it back or- I have to pay taxes on it-

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
Terri- do you have to pay it back monthly?
I know with mine - I have to pay it back or- I have to pay taxes on it-
Yes. Ours works the same. I'd rather pay myself the interest than the bank and the payments are smaller and automatic so there is less going out and I can't forget them.

Reactions: Becka03
1 - 20 of 21 Posts