Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had hoped to be more active on this board as we approached the move-in date to our farm. Unfortunately our city house is still sitting empty and on the market. We had a buyer and we moved out and into a rental, but the day before closing they terminated the contract.

Soooo...our dreams are on hold and fading slowly further away now that we are paying for two houses (I know, our fault for being to excited).

We do go out to our property occasionally and dream, even play a little, but at this point we just aren't sure now when we will actually be homesteaders.

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,911 Posts
Might help to "stage" your house for sale. Not by paying big bucks for a professional stager, but putting in a few of your furniture pieces so it isn't just an empty shell. Put in some timed release air fresheners so it doesn't smell stale when potential buyers come for a showing. Keep up the yard for curb appeal. The harder you work at it, probably the harder your realtor will, too.

So sorry that happened! Did the "backout buyers" give a reason?

Reactions: Tricky Grama

·
Junkman
630 Posts
I actually sold our house in town out from under us. Thought I would put a personal ad in paper to see the interest. It came out on Sunday and we sold on Tuesday. Of course we came down on the price but saved the realtor fee and the cost of having two homes. It was a neighbor/friend that bought so weren't too worried about selling issues. We had to move into a very rundown, roof leaking, bee infested farm house. But, beautiful now after yrs of work, blood, sweat and yes, tears. Hold on to your dream.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts