Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
newfieannie
10,761 Posts
that's for sure. wouldn't take long for some of those old biddies to ruin a girls reputation. i've seen that first hand with some of my friends when i was growing up. anyway like someone else mentioned stay away from some of those church ladies (notice i said some) once they get a ring on their finger they'll be trying to put one through your nose.

on the other hand i found one at a church but not one of the main stream churches. he was not like that at all but he didn't have a bit of practical sense in his body which was still useless to me if i had to think of everything . although i've always looked after myself but you expect a little help if there's a man around.~Georgia

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mature homesteader on sweet mini-farm in xclnt location of the 'outback of Maine' still tired of doing everything alone.
Not bad shape for older dude, but still particular who I'd be interested in and pathetically shy in person w/women.
Hardly any appropriate women anywhere near me too, so it's been dry sledding in the dating department .
We are in a sneaky, quiet 3rd WW, and hard, dangerous times are right around the corner.
Don't want to go though it alone and alone isn't going to be safe .
Thanks for putting yourself out there. Especially being "pathetically shy in person". I can 100% agree and resonate with your assessment of the current world status and sometimes I can't believe that I'm heading into the future single. I mean, it's not just lonely, it's stupid at this time in history, right?! Just got myself moved out of a big metro area and living in the heart of the heartland, (missouri). Left 1/2 acre I had been permaculture style prepping for 15 years. Left a lot. So how old is "mature"? ;) I'm pretty new here so hopeful to find some kindred spirits.
I'm spiritual, hard working, 52, straight female, mostly omnivore, though gluten and dairy trouble me. Massage therapist is my day job. The good thing about me is that I have everything except the land: tools, experience, passion, wisdom...just no land. I even designed and mostly built out a rocket stove hot tub way nicer than anything you find on youtube...

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
3,472 Posts
They probably did hit on you and in typical man fashion, you never realized it. :)
Amen! When my first wife moved out, a cute young lady with long blond hair who lived down the street phoned me and asked if I would like a good, home cooked meal.

I said, "I don't know if you have heard, but my wife has moved out."
She said, "Yes. I know that."
I said something like, "No. I've already eaten. But thanks."

I was sooooo young and naive, I didn't realize what was going on until I got to thinking about it 20 years later. :)

• Haha
Reactions: RJ2019 and TxGypsy

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Amen! When my first wife moved out, a cute young lady with long blond hair who lived down the street phoned me and asked if I would like a good, home cooked meal.

I said, "I don't know if you have heard, but my wife has moved out."
She said, "Yes. I know that."
I said something like, "No. I've already eaten. But thanks."

I was sooooo young and naive, I didn't realize what was going on until I got to thinking about it 20 years later. :)
😂😂😂
I'm feeling better about my dating life now! Y'all really are oblivious 🤣

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
3,472 Posts
I copied something years ago that illustrates the difference between how men and women think. It's a little over 2 pages long.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Font Screenshot Document Number Parallel

Font Number Screenshot Document Parallel

Font Rectangle Handwriting Art Number

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I copied something years ago that illustrates the difference between how men and women think. It's a little over 2 pages long.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 116341
View attachment 116342
View attachment 116343
That’s pretty accurate I’d say.
My wife always analyzes everything like that. She’d be one to wear a certain shirt ,for example, and then not wear it again ever because I didn’t kiss her that morning Had nothing to do with the fact I was climbing trees cutting limbs and up on the roof cleaning the gutters all day. I’ll see it hanging in the closet, and ask her why she never wears it and she’ll say “You didn’t kiss me ALL DAY the last time I wore it”. I’ll be like “Huh?”

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
I don't understand women either
View attachment 116341
View attachment 116342
View attachment 116343
I don't understand women either. Most of them do just what you describe. It must be exhausting.

I've always thought more like a man thinks. Though I still have 20 tabs open in my head....they are usually working on projects 😁
I grew up mostly around men. I have almost exclusively done mens jobs...truck driver.... construction...lawn business, etc. So y'all maybe have 3 tabs open and one of them is sex, 1 is food. How y'all manage to get anything done I'll never know.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
So y'all maybe have 3 tabs open and one of them is sex, 1 is food. How y'all manage to get anything done I'll never know.
I think God gave me 2 tabs, and you just listed them. That explains it.
Seriously though, I have a project list. I literally have to write it down. Then I prioritize it in my head. For example, if it’s fall, and something needs to get painted outside, it’s at the top of the list because the snow is coming and it’s going to get too cold soon. Not that complicated. The wife often asks me to do things and I tell her to write it down. She needs a new battery in her vehicles key fob, she has never written it down, so it still hasn’t gotten done months later. Plus I don’t multitask too often. I’ve made 3 trips to the hardware store on the same day to do 3 different projects because I tackle them one at a time. My wife can do 10 things at once, not me. But I’m also a lot more meticulous than my wife. It causes head banging between us, but we both admire the others abilities. :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts