Stickys

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Patty0315, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

There have been alot of questions as of late on goat emergency problems and questions. I for one think we should do seperate stickys for worming questions and dosages. Upset tummys and medications . Coccidia treatment , etc. Vickys post is excellent but not everyone is readying it. We would love to help not cannot with not alot of info. I will draw up the stickys if anyone else think they are needed , then everyone can add to it . Please give me input on this. Do you think we should ad more info ?

2. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

I would love for that info to be in a sticky because for the life of my animals, I can never do a search that gets me the information I need that I had seen before. question: can you give valbazin and corid together. answer: my goats play TOGETHER Well, you get what I mean.

So I say, Yes! do a sticky.

3. Patty0315

Thanks , 24 views and 1 answer. Wonder if everyone knows everything already or they do not care to share knowledge ? We need the mod. to step in here and OK it I guess.

What I figure is I can do the basics and anyone can chime in on the same subject. We can make a few different ones to cover the major questions and emergencys. It will be easier for people who are having problems and may save some web space without the same questions being asked over and over. I know I learned alot this way when I was starting out.

Anyone pop in with suggetions and also hopefully the Mod will post here or email , pm me.

Patty

4. rranch

rranch Well-Known Member

Yes, doing a sticky(s) for emergency situations and wormings are an excellent idea. If you have ever dealt with sick kids, research and knowledge or just confirmation can help tremendously. For instance, I had wormed my pygmies with safeguard which had always worked for me in the past, fail. I wondered why. I learned safeguard is a water-based product and generally passes through the goats system in a day whereas, the oil-based will not. Lesson learned and goats dewormed with ivermectin.

5. Debara

Debara Well-Known Member

I would love to have a sticky. I am new at having goats and have very little knowledge but my knowledge is growing very quickly. However, I do not want it to grow quicker because of any mistakes. This and the woman we adopted my babies from has been a life saver. I thank you all. Debbie :angel:

6. Patty0315

Since there doesn't seem to be a bunch of interest I am not going to take them time and do all the work. I would like to share a great goat web site for all the new people. Book mark it and then get a good 3 ring binder and print out all the important stuff.

http://www.dairygoatsplus.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Patty

7. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

I still think it's a great idea and thank you Patty for wanting to do it.

8. christij

christij Well-Known Member

I think it would be great... and we could do one on nutrition too... or maybe one to help with all of newbies and our silly questions!

9. lscheopner

lscheopner lscheopner

It would be great to have a sticky with dosage information. Never fails when I need to use wormer or meds can't remember the dosage. I think a sticky would be helpful to a lot of newbies.