Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
39,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard of a recipe for sticky bun cinnamon rolls that had butterscotch pudding as one ingredient of the sticky part. Does anyone have that recipe?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have one that uses vanilla pudding and I have substituted butterscotch before....

yummy....I actually just uploaded the recipe over at http://www.themodernhomestead.com
nevermind I had that window open too so I can just copy it here *I think*

20 unbaked frozen dinner rolls

1 C brown sugar
1/4 C instant vanilla pudding (dry mix)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 C melted butter
Method Lightly grease 10in bundt pan
Place rolls in pan
Sprinkle with sugar pudding mix and cinnamon
Pour melted butter onver top
Cover with a clean damp cloth and leave overnight at room temp to rise
In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees
bake 25 minutes

Turn rolls onto surving plate

·
Chief cook & weed puller
5,681 Posts
Here's one recipe that uses frozen bread dough. You could easily use your own. Frozen Bread Caramel Rolls
2 loaves frozen bread dough
1 cup brown sugar
2 T. milk
1/2 cup butter
1 large pkg vanilla (butterscotch) pudding mix
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Thaw bread. Grease 13x9 pan. Cut up bread. Form in balls and put in the pan. Melt butter, add rest of ingredients and pour over bread. Let rise and bake 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Turn upside down on platter or pan.

·
Chief cook & weed puller
5,681 Posts
Cinnamon Pull Aparts
1 pkg Rhodes frozen buns, 1 3 oz pkg butterscotch pudding, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Butter bundt pan, place frozen rolls in. Sprinkle pudding over them. Mix brown sugar and butter, put over pudding. Place ;an in cold oven overnight. Next morning take them out and preheat oven to 350. Bake rolls for 30 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Leave in pan 15 minutes, then turn over on serving dish.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Oh yum! I just got on here and this is the first thing I read. I would love to have one of these warm from the oven right now. Rose, are they ready yet?

I've made a cinnamon roll recipe that calls for vanilla pudding mix. It's a yeast recipe.
They are good.

Seems that sticky sweet rolls are the thing today. My DD called this morning for a recipe for cinnamon rolls.

It's too late and I'm too tired to start a yeast roll. I guess I'll just have a bowl of cereal to curb my sweet tooth.

prairiegirl

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
39,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not ready yet, but will be sssooooooooonnnnn!

Thanks everybody! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts