Stevia Plant

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Grayfox88, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Grayfox88

Grayfox88 New Member

I came here wanting to buy some stevia plants. They will have to be kept indoors because it is so very dry here and all of the little critters outside will eat them. If you will thell me the price and when they can be shipped I will get funds to you. I do use Paypal if that is something that you can do.

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Look to the Bartor Board for that offer, its there often. Welcome to this forum group, we offer many different areas of homesteading ventures, take youir time, read what is here, this is the biggest info site going as far as I know.

3. When you get them, go ahead and plant them out in the garden. This place should be renamed Rabbit Hill or Deer Haven. I got 5 and planted them in between rows of lavender knowing the deer don't like lavender and that might offer some protection with this new species I was curious about. I knew I would have to think of them as annuals here with our altitude and growing season, wondering about this plant and how it would do here. We had a great harvest off just those 5 plants. Took some of the harvested to our neighborhood Garden Club. They were amazed that green could taste so sweet.
    Didn't see a nibble in the garden. I guess the animals aren't used to the sugar smell and taste as a plant. They seemed to shy away from the plants. The bugs even shied away. Like humans that have an alternate sweetness choice and they just can't get past green tasting sweet. :c)

4. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

Grayfox,

Darryl in NW Florida is the one to contact regarding Stevia plants. He offers them quite frequently on the Barter Board. He's a well respected member of the Homesteading Today community and he's honest and fair.

Edited to add:

How rude of me to not welcome you. :eek:

Welcome to the forums and I'm sure you'll find a plethora of information from so many knowledgeable people that are willing to share.

Fla Gal