I'm posting this here because my problem has something to do with the cold climate of north Idaho, and I'm hoping someone out there has been through this and conquered it. We live in a small cabin in the woods, have woodstove only heat. Since the weather has gotten colder and especially since it never gets much above 24 F during the day, I have been plagued with static electricity. I get shocked everytime I touch my stove, light switch, you know the story. And I mean visible sparks. I have a cast iron pot kept full of water on the stove. We have oogly cheap foam backed blue carpet in living areas. I avoid dragging my feet as much as possible. I have tried the canned "spray", which seems useless. I am wearing those Ugg like boots from Costco, with rubber soles. I can't figure this out, and it is driving me crazy. I look crazy, like I have obsessive compulsive disorder, as I hesitate and wince every time I have to touch something that I know will shock me. I have not experienced this one before, to this degree. Any one else with this disorder? I probably sound like a big baby, but it is making me NUTS.