Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in need of some New Overalls because I'm going to be making a day of it next weekend in Springfield,so I wanted to look nice.Well made some calls found a couple stores that had them in my size.The better of the two was up by our Cabin.So we make the 55 mile drive up there.

Go to the store got the Coveralls,looked over some other stuff we will need for the Cabin.Then had to go to WalMart for some stuff.Then went by a friends house to take some vegatables.They weren't home.

Well it was Lunch time so we went to a Restaurant we had ate before at.We just got a couple sandwiches and fries.Well the electric went out just as we had orderd,so 90's outside,no windows it got Hot in there pretty fast,but that was ok,we sufferd through it at and left.

Well we decided to go check on the Cabin.Well just before we got there me and DW started feeling very sick.Get to the Gate,punch in the Code nothing,try again nothing :shrug: Told DW to give it a little shove.We were needing to get to a Restroom fast :help: Still couldn't get the Gate open.DW makes a call,they had changed the Code.

Made up to the Shower House just in time.Went back checked on Cabin all was fine.Started heading home stopped at every Station on the way,some times even the woods looked mighty fine.DW had to drive most the way because I was unable to.Longest drive home,I didn't think we would ever make it.

We figured it must have been the greese they was cooking with.But I'm feeling better,DW isn't.

big rockpile

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I hope you all didnt get food poisoning! I got it from a sub at our Citymarket store locally. It was Christmas 2005 and I went 40 times..not fun. I put some vinegar into some water and it helped alot.

I'd eat at home for the next couple of days and skip any fiberous foods, that should help.

Kat

·
Premium Member
18,020 Posts
I thought you sold the cabin?

I don't get going to your cabin to just check on it. People here in Minnesota, if they take the effort to go to the cabin, they'll stay at the cabin. Most people go to their cabin every weekend from Spring through Fall.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
big rockpile said:
We figured it must have been the greese they was cooking with.But I'm feeling better,DW isn't.

big rockpile
Caster oil and xlax mixed in grease.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cabin Fever said:
I thought you sold the cabin?

I don't get going to your cabin to just check on it. People here in Minnesota, if they take the effort to go to the cabin, they'll stay at the cabin. Most people go to their cabin every weekend from Spring through Fall.
I backed out on selling it.We're waiting on it to cool some so we can do something besides just set around.

This heat has had me down this year.Told my DW soon as it cools down into the 60's at night we'll do some night fishing.

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Hope you didn't get salmonella. Although you both probably wouldn't have been able to get back home.

My GD drank some tea from a McDonalds and within 45 min she was deathly sick. Her fever went up and she got sick to her stomach and then all she wanted to do was sleep. We thought it was a virus going around. That was a Sat. On Monday we got her into the dr and they checked her out and took a stool sample. We took her home and she got worse, her fever was 105 and me packing her down with ice and giving her cool baths. We decided to head for Cape Gir. ER. with her. Got her there and they checked her out and admitted her. They first thought it was her appendicts, but by morning they did another ct and found it wasn't. They pumped Iv's and antibodics into her. We finally got the previous stool sample report back and it was salmonella.

She is still bothered with stomach problems from it.

They said the tea itself wouldn't have caused it, but if the pot was wiped with a dirty dishrag or the cup or lid was touched with something or by a carrier, then that was probably the cause.

She was one sick eleven year old. I thought for a bit there we were going to lose her.

What I am trying to tell you is if it continues getting worse get to an ER. It may be just a bit of food poisioning, and it may be something else.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Sounds like a touch of food posioning to me. Glad you're feeling better. That can be some nasty stuff. Me and DH had it for 3 long days after eating some bad food at a restaurant many years ago.

·
Premium Member
18,020 Posts
big rockpile said:
...This heat has had me down this year.Told my DW soon as it cools down into the 60's at night we'll do some night fishing.
Hey, you and the DW are always invited to spend some time here in Minnesota's Lake Country where it's cool..highs in the upper 70s, lows in the mid-50s. We have a nice little guest cabin that you can stay in and about 10 lakes within 10 minutes.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
The post about the tea at McDonald's reminded me of the Science Fair project of a young lady who did a bacterial test of water and surfaces available to customers at her local fast food place. The highest concentration was .... drum roll please...the ice from the ice dispensers.

Marlene

Dave tell Tina I hope she's feel better soon, and that she's drinking enough fluids.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cabin Fever said:
Hey, you and the DW are always invited to spend some time here in Minnesota's Lake Country where it's cool..highs in the upper 70s, lows in the mid-50s. We have a nice little guest cabin that you can stay in and about 10 lakes within 10 minutes.

CF might have to take you up on that I use to go up to Cloquet all the time.Like I always said give me a Shotgun,Rod and Reel and I would be in Heaven.

big rockpile

1 - 11 of 11 Posts