Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeahhhooooo! I am pregnant! I am so excited, this will be my first child. I just found out yesterday but have already picked out my midwife and have decided on Homebirthing. I am so excited I feel like I am about to burst. I hope to have a large family and my husband and I are very excited to be pregnant so soon. Just have to share with everyone.
Yea, yea, yea, yea!

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Oh congradulations! :clap: :bouncy: :banana02:
I just had a baby boy 9 weeks ago ( # 4 ) and am madly in love w/ the little sweetheart! Be sure to keep us updated on your progress,& don't be shy to ask any questions,there are lots of Mamas here who would love to help out w/ any questions you may have along the way!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Now is the perfect time for education. How did you become interested in homebirth? Did your mom or sisters birth at home? I was a homebirth midwife for 10+ years and enjoyed every minute.
I hope my daughter chooses the same route someday.
I love the book called Homebirth by Shiela Kitzinger.
Best wishes to you and your family.
motivated

·
Registered
96 Posts
You should check out mothering.com or c2pp.com they have great resources on homebirth...the websites are not very mainstream, stuff about not circumsizing and not vaxing but they have some great resources on everything else.

·
writing some wrongs
6,873 Posts
Congratulations! Homebirthing is, IMO, courageous and a great option. Just do yourself a favor -- don't feel disappointed or feel like a failure if it doesn't work out, if you can't home birth, if you can't have your birth intervention-free. I hope it does! But so many women end up feeling terrible if plans don't go exactly as hoped, myself included! I wasn't homebirthing with my 1st but I did intend to go natural...didn't happen...but the healthy baby is the real goal. Enjoy your pregnancy!

·
Registered
644 Posts
edayna said:
Congratulations! Homebirthing is, IMO, courageous and a great option. Just do yourself a favor -- don't feel disappointed or feel like a failure if it doesn't work out, if you can't home birth, if you can't have your birth intervention-free. I hope it does! But so many women end up feeling terrible if plans don't go exactly as hoped, myself included! I wasn't homebirthing with my 1st but I did intend to go natural...didn't happen...but the healthy baby is the real goal. Enjoy your pregnancy!

Oh how right that is!

I went natural with my first one, only to be shipped off to a C-section as his head crowned. I felt like such a failure.. :(

Second one the same, started out natural, and the cord wrapped around his neck and had to have another csection. I did better, but still had to deal with the emotional issues of what I considered a failure.

Im not telling ou this to scare you, I just Don't want you to do that to yourself.

Im soooo happy for you! :) I miss babies,

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Congratulations, I remember being so excited when I found out I was pregnant....then a month later found it we were having twins. Oops, sorry didn't mean to scare you or anything!

Dee

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.