Starter for AMT 600

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Unregistered, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Well-Known Member

The starter on my John Deere AMT 600 went out. Does anyone know where one can be bought? The local John Deere dealer can order one but the cost is over $500. Anyone have a junk AMT 600 I can buy?

2. farminghandyman

farminghandyman Well-Known Member Supporter

check with a small motor repair shop, or parts place, many time auto parts places will be able to provide parts for the motor,
    Is Kawasaki, the motor manufacture? try a motorcycle shop,

for the $500 you probably could replace it the entire motor, at at least come close to it, (and that may be the JD plan),

I had a similar situation a few years ago, a friend of mine had a deere riding mower, and checked with JD to get the briggs motor fixed, and they wanted $500 or replacement, the replacement was a Kawasaki motor, he went out and bought a Sears mower, (piece of junk), but any way I think I got the better end of the deal, he gave me the old mower, and repaired the Briggs motor and ran it until it was literaly falling apart, and then order a 16 Hp vanguard motor and mounted on it, and have ran it for 15 or more years mowing about 7 aces at a time around the farmstead,

3. Jack_IA

Jack_IA Active Member

Go to an auto starter repair place they can usauly fix it for a lot less depending on what parts they have to get from deere.I had one in a 6x4 gator fixed for 10.00

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I finally found a repair shop. Put it in today they will call when they find the problem. Hope it is only brushes and bushings.