Homesteading Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
31,256 Posts
It’s a division of labor.

Anything with a dollar sign, an account number, or a customer service representative is hers.

Anything involving heavy/shocky/pokey things, poop, or having to kill something is mine.
We have division of labor too. I make the money and she spends it.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
I am the final node on my DSL line.

Being generous, my reliability is a 7 on a scale of 10, 10 being perfect. I get almost 6MB download, and less than 512K up. My latency is 66 ms +/-

How does your compare?
Last I check mine was a 2mb down. The upload was in the negative and it sucked it down to China and a poor Chinese Farmer with a dirt floor sends it up for me.

Elon wants this to give broadband to everyone n the country. He says anyway.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Last I check mine was a 2mb down. The upload was in the negative and it sucked it down to China and a poor Chinese Farmer with a dirt floor sends it up for me.

Elon wants this to give broadband to everyone n the country. He says anyway.
The dude’s definitely weird, but I think I like his brand of weird. He reminds me of some of the better mechanical engineers I’ve had the pleasure of working with in my career. He’s a little quirky, rarely predictable (especially on political matters, where we all know we’re supposed to be one one of two clearly delineated sides), and comes up with some non-standard approaches to problems.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
The dude’s definitely weird, but I think I like his brand of weird. He reminds me of some of the better mechanical engineers I’ve had the pleasure of working with in my career. He’s a little quirky, rarely predictable (especially on political matters, where we all know we’re supposed to be one one of two clearly delineated sides), and comes up with some non-standard approaches to problems.
I like him because he does what he says he will do. So far he has not failed. One day he might but even then that is still an excellent track record.

What do you bet that he builds a few of those batteries here in Texas like he did in Australia?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Our electric co-op isn running internet to our county, In started asking when about a year ago and so far they are 6 months late. You have to agree to 12 months at $49 per month minimum and Im signed up so I have to wait.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts