stanchion for horns

Discussion in 'Goats' started by bluefish, Apr 11, 2006.

1. bluefish

bluefish Wait................what?

I was looking at the plans for a stanchion on the fiascofarm website. Would this one work for horned goats and disbudded ones? I have both, will one stand work or do I need one for each?

2. happyladybug

happyladybug Well-Known Member

i have this goat stand - and it's open on top - and my horned goats get their heads in there.. even my billy goat uses it withour any trouble..

i really like this goat stand..

:goodjob:

janis

3. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Well-Known Member

Happyladybug ~ any chance you can post a picture? I need to build a stand too. :D

4. bluefish

bluefish Wait................what?

Yes, please, please do!

5. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

I love my stand. Just built it last february. Had a doe bloated last night, and I don't know what I would have done without it. SO conveniant. Would you like to see mine in action, too? lol heres some pics :
    Here's my two bucks in the stand. As you can see, they are both horned. The white buck's horns will spiral up and outward, but I don't think it will ever be that much of a problem, as the stand's head-holder piece opens VERY wide.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. happyladybug

happyladybug Well-Known Member

i will post a picture of mine in action.. the directions are actually printable off the fiasco website... - - will post pictures of mine in action.. later... thanks...