Stacking 'non stacking' dryer

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by computerchick, Nov 20, 2006.

1. computerchick

computerchick Keeper of the Zoo

I got a 'rearranging' bug this week and figured out a great use for my laundry room. But it involves a stacking wash set. Of course, my washer is a stacking model, but not my dryer that is reasonably new. I'm a tall gal, and don't mind using the kids wash stool to step up and push the buttons - but would this be safe to put it on top of the stacking washer?

Thoughts, ideas? This seems like such a stoopid question but I figured I'd ask before we lifted the dern thing!

Andrea
    www.arare-breed.net

2. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

I would also be concerned about a potential fire hazard. Most of those appliances were designed for a "standard" amount of clearance around them to allow for heat dissapation.

Nikki

3. computerchick

computerchick Keeper of the Zoo

Thanks - that was the kind of thing I was missing - no sense in creating a hazard just to redecorate...

Guess I'll wait a few years ;-)

Andrea

4. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Well-Known Member Supporter

A dryer or washer does not have to have a clearence space on the bottom. Just build a Solid Shelf just above the Washer to set the dryer on---Secure the dryer so it can't move---vent and hook up correctly-----------You will Not have a Problem--Except for turning it on and possibility of having trouble cleaning the filter!! Have Fun!! Randy