Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning. My name is Jim but I go by Squerly, not because I am but it’s a name that was hung on me years ago from my antics on the race track. :) I live on 50 acres in NC, heat my house with an outdoor wood furnace, enjoy working on becoming less dependent on social comforts (electricity, grocery stores, etc.) and I prep daily for the unknown future.

Before I retired I owned a company that wrote and supported software designed to move money electronically through the ACH network.

Politically I lean left but I support few politician as I feel most (if not all) are in office for their benefit, not mine. I would like to see Ben Carson run and become our next POTUS but I doubt he will or that he would win even if he did.

I look forward to my stay here and I hope to learn from you all as well as to share whoever small bits of learnedness I might be able to pass on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Heya, Squerly! I'm in Kernersville, a new member here, young mom of 2 (3 if you count the spouse).

A politically left leaning person in NC? I never thought I'd meet another. ;)

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
Oh.. you NEED a mommy group.
They are called 'playgroups', but they are really for the mommies.
I loved mine when the boy was younger.
Loved and needed. Oh yes.

Go places during the day where you might find kids.. like the library story time or something.
that is where our mommy group got started.
Then we branched out to a swimming pool in the summer and a glass of wine.
Glorious.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Welcome to the group Squerly! Hope you are camera savvy. I can imagine you have some beautiful scenery over there. I'm halfway between the mountains and the sea (East of you).

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm still trying to wrap my head around a politically left leaning person supporting Ben Carson. There is hope, lol. I too have little faith in parties. I live in NY but visit Wilmington and Carolina Beach a couple of times a year. Love it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still trying to wrap my head around a politically left leaning person supporting Ben Carson. There is hope, lol. I too have little faith in parties. I live in NY but visit Wilmington and Carolina Beach a couple of times a year. Love it.
OMG, I'm sorry (and enraged!) at the mistake I made during that intro. I'm as much a left leaning liberal as Ronald Reagan was. Not sure what I was thinking when I made that post. I meant RIGHT, not left! Just shoot me now... :facepalm:

Maybe ADMIN can edit that first post for me? Please?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the group Squerly! Hope you are camera savvy. I can imagine you have some beautiful scenery over there. I'm halfway between the mountains and the sea (East of you).
I do! Here are a couple of pictures I took while driving to town the other day. Just about a mile from my homestead.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
OMG, I'm sorry (and enraged!) at the mistake I made during that intro. I'm as much a left leaning liberal as Ronald Reagan was. Not sure what I was thinking when I made that post. I meant RIGHT, not left! Just shoot me now... :facepalm:

Maybe ADMIN can edit that first post for me? Please?
I was really looking forward to that explanation of that paradox, darn, lol.

·
Registered
363 Posts
We had a place in Flat Rock for a while and still have family in the general vicinity. I like the pics of your neighborhood...

I must admit I was also a little disappointed that the left leaning fella was hoping for president Carson was a typo. But welcome anyway, Squerly!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts