Squeezo food strainer (Reviews Please)

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Bishaj, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Bishaj

Bishaj Active Member

I just wanted to check and see if any of you have used the Squeezo food strainer. It seems pretty solid in it's construction, but how about results? All replies are greatly appreciated.

2. foxpawz

foxpawz Well-Known Member

I have a squeezo. Have had it for years. I use it mostly for tomatoes in making juice. Works great. Have also used it for making applesauce. I don't have a berry screen so can't tell you anything about that. It is an invaluable tool. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

3. diane

diane Well-Known Member

I have looked at pictures of the squeezo and it looks just like my Victoria Strainer, which I dearly love. Great for tomatoes, applesauce and I do have the berry screen so it will do my berries for jellies.

4. randy in central missouri

randy in central missouri Well-Known Member

we have one, and i'm going to use it tomorrow to make pear butter. it takes the skin, seeds out of tomatoes. it takes the seeds out of blackberries. its a must have at our house. i would not do without it. i've heard of people taking the crank off and hooking it to a 3/4 in drill and really going crazy doing tomatoes. we steam juice the maters and then run it through the squeezo and we get tomatoe sauce that looks like we opened the can. Buy it, buy it.

randy

5. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

I'm convinced... anyone have one they want to sell? Please......???????

I missed the last one that was offered on the barter board.

6. Bishaj

Bishaj Active Member

Thanks for all the feed back. There are several of these for sale on ebay. I missed out on the first one I bid on so I grabbed another one. It has all three screens and looks great for $75 including shipping. That's about $100 less than I've been able to find the same setup new. Thanks again everybody.

7. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

we've had a squeezo since way back when Countryside had a store...how could I live without it? Bushel of 'maters in zip time. Let the tomato juice stand over nice and the water comes to the top,then cook down for your own delicious tomato/pizza sauce. Applesauce goes so fast. Gotta admit that no one wants to help clean the thing but I still love my machine!! DEE

8. woodsrunner

woodsrunner Well-Known Member

I have a Victorio and love it. They are usually a little lower priced than the squeezo. Mine comes apart pretty easy for cleaning, though the screen can be a pain sometimes.

9. Ann-NWIowa

Ann-NWIowa Well-Known Member Supporter

I've had one since 1972 and wouldn't be without it. Tomatoes are so easy. Just wash, core, cut into quarters and run them through. Pour the juice into jars and can. I've also used it for applesauce. You do have to cook the apples first but don't have to peel them.