Squash seeds for worming?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Fla Gal, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

There was a question on the goat forum, it was in the middle of a thread about, if pumpkin deworms goats, would any squash do the same?

I'm wondering if any squash seeds, orange fleshed varieties, or others would work on rabbits. Does anybody know?

2. Lynnette

Lynnette Michigan Hobby Farmer

Bunping up this thread in the hopes that someone knows the answer, I don't, but I am also interested in knowing.

3. Fla Gal

Hi Lynette, thanks for the bump.

There have been posts here on the rabbit forum about pumpkin seeds in the fall for worming rabbits. It would be handy to know about the other squash seeds as they can be gotten at other times of the year.

4. the mama

the mama loves all critters Supporter

I fed my rabbits catalope and they wouldn't eat the seeds, maybe if I just offered the seeds. My rabbits are picky. I am curious if squash seeds will work on worms.

5. Jennifer L.

Jennifer L. Well-Known Member Supporter

Fla Gal, I've heard of pumpkin seeds for worming before, not rabbits in particular, though. Goats or cows? I don't know if it works, however, remember that winter squash aren't the same species as pumpkins. Summer squash, though, is. So if any squash seed would work I'd think it would be a summer squash seed.

Jennifer L.

6. Fla Gal

Jennifer,

I'll have to check that out, which squash are the summer ones. Thanks for the reply. I'm off to Google. :p