Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
giraffe baby - I'll be looking forward to the first creation with your new machine.

I know you'll make it very nice, and the flannel squares are good to start with.

Angie

·
Premium Member
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WEll, it will be my 3rd creation!:) I ended up making a "TIE" quilt for my daughter (that I have had the materials sitting around since APRIL!!!) lol and made me a pillow case for my " Piddow " ( little pillow i've had since i was young and cover my face with)

I will do photos of that too!!:) Heading to work on the blankee here in a few.. hit a snag!

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Boy do I DITTO that one giraffe baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost every ounce of my religion trying to do my first stitch in the ditch baby quilt... actually so far it was my only one...LOL

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
OK OK, so i have it sewn, and the back attatched, and now I am working on the " QUILTING" ( stitching in a ditch!!)

HOW COME they dont make machines larger between the ARM and "tray" so you can slide a blanket thru with out an act of congress???
They do they do! My "new" Singer has a huge throat! You can set 3 soda cans side by side, upright under it!

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
My Janome 6500P is made to do your own quilting. It's got the 9 inches wide and about an inch higher area under the machine on the right (the harp, I think it's called). That's what I used for the stage curtain.

So, there are larger machines in most of the 'named' brands.
But, you can do a lot with what you have and smart thinking.

Angie

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
It took me years, and a trade in and a new model coming out and this model being reduced before I bought mine. You have a lot of sewing ahead - then keep your eyes open for a DEAL.

Angie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts